Doubles

"This is a bad idea Jane, terrible actually. I can't remember the last idea you had that was this bad." You were being playful, but you meant every word.

"Relax, I'm seventy percent sure you'll be fine." She stopped, thinking it through. "Sixty percent."

"I'm going to die."

Looking at the clear blue sky above you, you sigh. It was about lunch time and you and your good friend Jane were heading into town. A pit of anxiety mixed into your stomach as you walk, she had told you her long term boyfriend of 4 years was looking to set his younger brother up on a date, and Jane had not just thought of you, but volunteered you for a double date.

"Have you at least met the guy?" You ask, words coming out more hostile than anticipated.

"No, BUT Thor said he can be really nice and he has a 'playful spirit', whatever that means." She was trying to reassure you and calm your nerves, but it wasn't working.

You'd never really liked Thor, something about his mannerisms just felt off to you, but he made Jane happy so you kept it to yourself. You knew Jane was aware of your feelings however, so why would she set you up with his brother?

"Common, just give him a chance. Thor said they're actually very different people so maybe you'll get along." She reached out, lightly rubbing your arm.

The two of you arrived at the location, a small diner near your college campus. Walking in, you both look around for any signs of the boys.

"Doesn't look like they're here yet." You mutter quietly.

"Go take a seat in the corner, i'll grab us some drinks." She smiles. You nod, finding a cute corner booth out of the way of most people. Your nerves were building, it had been a while since you last went on a date and now you were going in blind.

Just as you start to spiral, the little bell chimes, an indicator that someone new had entered the shop. Looking up you see Jane's boyfriend Thor, closely followed by a dark haired man. Your eyes widen slightly as you watch Thor and the man walk up to Jane, they really look nothing alike.

You watch as Thor gives Jane a light kiss on the cheek before pointing the man to you in the corner, he smiles at you, causing you to give a little wave in response. Much to your horror, the man begins to walk towards you alone, leaving both Thor and Jane waiting to order.

You study him as he walks over, his raven hair stands as a large contrast to his soft blue eyes. His outfit is well put together, indicating he clearly cares about his appearance.

He stops, just at the end of the table. He looks at you before giving a slight bow. "You must be (Y/N), it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." His voice is low and quiet, very different to how Thor speaks.

He reaches for your hand, hesitant at first you reach out, only for him to place a light kiss on the back. With a smile he takes the seat across from you.

"I'm sorry, I don't think Thor or Jane ever gave me your name." You nervously squeak out. He lets a soft chuckle go, catching you off guard.

"It's Loki, knowing my brother he probably forgot it himself." His smile never falters as he speaks. Despite his words' unpleasant indication, you can't help but giggle. You relax a bit, his demeanour and speech really was unlike Thor, were they truly brothers?

"Well Loki, if you don't mind me saying, you and your brother seem very different. You aren't quite what I expected." You say, straightening you back to portray confidence. He gives another light chuckle, causing a soft blush to creep onto your cheeks.

"I do hope you aren't disappointed then."

"Not at all!" You say rather abruptly. You look to the side, slightly embarrassed by your next words. "To be honest I was kinda scared to meet another Thor, he seems nice, but he's kinda too much for me."