Royal - Part 1

The warm morning sun poked through your window as your people began to arise for the day. You are (Y/N), Fearless warrior of Vanaheim, daughter of a great warrior of the Vanir people and currently the person who is about to have a complete mental breakdown.

Your childhood best friend Hogan watches from the sides with a straight face, silently judging you as perform the 18th lap of your large wooden cabin in a row.

"I can't do this! I barely even know the guy and now I'm supposed to get married to him for some stupid peace treaty? What if he's crazy!"

"He's an Asgardian." He replies, expression never wavering.

He walks up to you, placing a firm hand on your shoulder to stop you from doing one more lap and possibly setting your floor on fire. You breathe a deep sigh, for a man that barely spoke, he sure did have a way with words.

He stood there for a moment, staring at you as his hand rested on your shoulder. You groan, knowing exactly what he was trying to tell you.

"Alright Hogan, you can save me the look, I'm going." Pushing his hand off, you move over to your room. You'd been putting off getting dressed since you would have to leave as soon as you were ready, and it didn't help your nerves that the dress you were to wear was sent from Asgard itself.

Delicately placed on your bed was the bag, its pale colours standing out against the dark browns of your home. Opening it you gasp, pulling out a stunning white and gold dress.

You took your time washing up and getting dressed, enjoying what would be the last few moments on your own home planet. You may get to come back sometime, but it wouldn't be the same.

Once your hand maiden finished setting your hair, you took one last look at yourself in the mirror. The white and gold dress sat beautifully on your body, the intricate braids and decorative accessories that filled your hair truly looked gorgeous. It would be amazing, if it didn't make you feel so out of place.

You were used to your armour, being covered in dirt and playing with swords. You missed your cloak, a trophy of the first wild beast you had ever taken down. Now you would never get to battle again, having been given away as the new bride of the future King of Asgard.

Tears began to well in your eyes, but you shook them away. You wouldn't let this man take your pride as well.

Before you knew it, Hogan was escorting you to the bifrost. It helped to know your oldest friend would still be around. Even if he wasn't much of a conversationalist, it always made you feel better to tell him your woes. Hogan was someone you trusted to have your back in battle, a man who was honest, noble and kind. Who knew if prince Thor was the same.

You make it to the allocated transfer point, closing your eyes in anticipation. The act of moving between worlds always makes you feel ill. Only when your feet land firmly on the ground do you finally open your eyes.

The gateway was beautiful, the shiny gold walls were almost blindingly bright, at least the dress made sense now.

A large man stood in the centre, his stern amber eyes stared down at you.

"I am Heimdall, gatekeeper of Asgard. Welcome future Queen." You wince at his words.

"(Y/N) is fine, thank you." He gives a slight nod before staring back into space as if you weren't even there.

Hogan begins to pull you towards the bifrost bridge, its stunning colours were breathtaking. Walking into the city, you're lost for words, it was so different from home.

He walked you through Asgard, explaining small bits and pieces about the difference between your people and theirs. You were enjoying it, taking in the sights.