Chapter:3 The Plan

Dixie woke up in pure shock. She sat up and looked around. She woke up next to a chair. There was a table where the chair's seat was under. On the other side of the table was another chair. It looked like a interrogation room. There was also a door behind the other chair. Dixie's eyes lit with hope and ran pass the chairs and the table. She jiggled the door handle. Locked. She backed away from the door. She noticed something on her right hand. It looked like a chain cuffs without the chains. "I'm gonna kill Cruz," Dixie scoffed, she tried taking the bracelet off but, it didn't work. She realized the blood was gone from her body. She was wearing beautiful jewelry. She was in a hoodie that she hasn't wore before.
She heard the door handle shake a bit then open. She ran towards the door to try to fight back and escape. As soon as she was close to the door, a masked man grabbed Dixie by the arm. The man was stronger than Dixie, unsurprisingly everyone is. The masked man sat Dixie in the chair while Dixie was screaming and kicking like a toddler without candy. The masked person cuffed Dixie's left arm to a chair on the other side of the table. The man walked over to the door like he was guarding it. The door was left open. For a minute, Dixie just waited. Waiting for the beast to reveal its self. Waiting for someone to come and save her. Waiting for something.
Her waiting stopped as she heard the door close. Cruz sat on the chair across from the door. He seemed amused. Why is he amused? Is this a sick game towards this freak. He chuckled.
"You really are a wonder to deal with. Such a handful, such a hassle," He said,
"You act like I'm a wild dog at a shelter," Dixie growled,
"Well, You act like a wild dog, Dixie. You woke up from passing out and punched someone in the face. Do you even remember?"
He couldn't say that without laughing every 4 words. Dixie shook her head, not remembering mostly anything from passing out the first time or the second time.
"You know, you being a hassle, made us put Seth and Ella together? We originally wanted Ella and you to swap but you just wanted to fight and fight," Cruz explained,
"Who's us?" Dixie asked,
"I work with a company of v- PEOPLE,"
"Okay creep, what do you want or what do THEY want?"
He looked astonished by that question. Why does he looked like I choked his brother? Should I ask again?
"You are a close friend, Ms. Dixie so it hurts me because I can't say why. I'm just here to get you guys, a smooth trip." Cruz explained,
"Smooth trip? Are you shipping us somewhere?" Dixie questioned,
"No idiot. I mean I'm making sure it works,"
"What works?"
Cruz stared at the top left corner behind Dixie. Dixie was confused and tried to look at what Cruz was seeing. He was staring at the camera. She felt a sudden urge of unease. She was about to kick in her fight or flight response until she felt a sudden urge of pain hit in her arm. It felt like a spike hit her wrist. She looked down at her arm. Blood was leaking down her wrist and onto her fingers. Cruz hopped out of his chair in fear.
"Give her a minute for the effects to take hold," The masked man said. The masked person lightly held Cruz's shoulders and tugged closer to the door. Cruz walked back to the door and grabbed the door handle, waiting for his co-worker to follow him out of the room. The masked man walked over to Dixie and uncuffed her to the chair. Dixie didn't react, she just sat in the chair holding on her wrist, trying to make the pain less painful. The masked man backed away.
Dixie made a fist with her right arm. She stood up. She ran towards the masked man and tried to punch him. The masked person grabbed her arm and pinned her down to the nearest wall. She tried fighting back even though her arm hurt like heck. Her body felt weak.
She felt she was slipping away. Farther and farther, she felt nothing. She tried being tough. She tried staying alive for everyone. Zoë, Ella, Molly, Bree, Pepper, and Seth. She didn't know what would happen if she wasn't fighting back. If she wasn't being a 'hassle' to Cruz and his dumb company, she wouldn't know what would happen. Her mind wanted to fight but her body stopped. She was tired. Her body sat down, leaning on the wall.
She looked down in disappointment. She didn't wanna look at Cruz or the man in the eyes. She didn't wanna admit defeat. She felt numb. Cruz walked over to Dixie and knelt down. "It's gonna be nice seeing you as my friend again. You missed our little friendship, did you?" Cruz said. Dixie didn't know the reason he said that, to make himself feel better or make her feel better, she didn't know or didn't care. "Just picture," Cruz continued, " One of my friends since elementary, working next to me and help populate the world with vampires. Would that be fun?" He actually seemed invested with the idea. She rolled her eyes, thinking he was joking.
"Well, you're probably wondering what I did and why you are bleeding right?" Cruz asked,
"No duh. I wanna know," Dixie said, hastily
"So, the bracelet you have on your arm, pierced a spike in your wrist. After, it released a chemical into your skin. After that chemical hits your brain, your gonna start going nuts. You know what I mean?"
Dixie had a shock reaction on her face. She wasn't sure if she could take Cruz seriously. It felt too much to take in. She felt like she should believe him. Like who can make a story of vampires and bracelets that makes people go crazy without making a funny face. "Well I have to go check on the others, I'll check on you in a bit. If I don't, my friends will," Cruz said, he walked away. Dixie tried to get up but she was too weak. Cruz and the masked man left the room letting Dixie alone with her thoughts.