Chapter 6

Max left the room as soon as possible hoping not to get caught in the frenzy of fans after his mind blowing performance.He had hoped that no one would recognise him.Suddenly, his phone started vibrating and he realised he had phone call from Daniel.

"Hey mate you were amazing out there haven't lost your touch it seems"Daniel spoke enthusiastically.

"Oh it was nothing, I just got selected as that lucky fan.I was more worried about people recognising me."Max replied

"There isn't any headlines that say Max Verstappen spotted playing Tom Odell's Another Love so i'm guessing you are safe for now at least.There aren't any people linking you to Tom as well on social media so you should be fine."Daniel replied.

"Thank god"Max replied breathing a sigh of relief.

"How are you feeling now mate, I hope your feeling better."Daniel asked reverting to the main topic at hand.

"I'm feeling fine I think I really needed the break hopefully I'll be back soon next season."Max replied.

"About that I have some good news for you."Daniel replied happily.

"What is it?"Max inquired curious now.

"The team doctor analysing your health after your crash got back to us, if you manage to get yourself back in peak condition mentally and prove to him that your going to be fine you can race again this season as early as Spa!"Daniel replied happily.

"R-really but what about you."Max questioned.

"Oh i'll be fine back to reserve driver duties, I mean this seat is yours after all"Daniel replied.

"But you deserve the seat just as much Dan."Max replied feeling that this was unfair on his colleague.

"I'll get my time in the sun again but, you have so much left to fight for Max anybody would say this season was as good as yours and I reckon you can go further."Daniel replied.

"Thank you so much Dan I don't know what to say I'm speechless."Max replied back.

"No need to say anything just get better soon, everyone misses you here."Daniel replied.

"For sure I promise you that."Max replied feeling a tear escape his eyes from happiness.

"Before I end the call, any girls you may be interested in."Daniel asked with a suggestive tone.

"N-no one w-why do you ask?"Max replied stuttering.

"Your reaction tells me a different story who's the lucky girl."Daniel asked.

"Fine i'll tell you I bumped into this girl the other day and I swear to go it was love at first sight for me.She is absolutely beautiful and she is from Denmark.Her name is Emmelie de Forest and she won the contest back in 2013."Max ranted out.

"You are down bad mate and you like Emmelie damn."Daniel replied.

"How do you know her?"Max inquired slowly getting red in the face.

"I obviously watch the concerts I know she won back in 2013 you have scored a good one."Daniel replied.

"Not yet, I don't want to come off as a stalker or something plus she doesn't even know who I am."Max replied.

"All good things come with time mate go with the flow."Daniel replied.

"Wish you could give me advice when I was young back on track, that may be the most mature thing I've heard from you."Max joked.

"Hey I'm smart and I always give good advice."Daniel replied in a mock hurt tone.

"Thanks for the talk dan I needed it I'll talk to you later."Max replied.

"No worries mate, time for me to hang up too got to catch our flight to Imola Christian sends his regards."Daniel replied.

"Sure mate good luck out there, give my thanks to christian as well."Max replied as he ended the call.

Little did Max know while he was talking to Daniel, Emmelie found out where he was and heard th entire conversation.It's safe to say, that she was happy that she found out Max liked her although she was slightly confused about the other parts of the conversation.She decided to ask Max about it later.Right now what mattered to her was to spend time with Max, get to know him more and hopefully confess her feelings to him too.

Max was about to walk away when he heard someone call his name.He immediately turned around obviously not expecting anyone to be close by until his eyes landed on Emmelie.He was happy to see her but he wondered if she heard his conversation or not.

"Hey Emmelie, how are you sorry for the incident earlier on."Max apologised even though the coffee spilt on him.

"Hey Max, I'm fine and please forget about that incident earlier I should be the one apologising anyways."Emmelie replied back.

"Still I would like to make it up to you, would you mind getting a drink with me sometime whenever you are free."Max asked wearily hoping his proposal wouldn't get rejected.

Emmelie had to hold her laugh in at the nervous look on Max's face she would accept his offer anyway after hearing his conversation he however, didn't know that.She then decided to tease Max a bit.

"Are you asking me out on a date Max?"Emmelie questioned with the most innocent look ever.

"Y-yes I a-am"Max stuttered out gaining some courage.

"I would love to go out on a date with you Max, I'm free tonight."Emmelie replied while grinning.

"Great, I'll pick you up at 7 is that fine?"Max inquired as relief flooded through him.

"Sure, I'm staying at the radisson room number 305."Emmelie mentioned.

"OK, see you later Emmelie"Max grinned 

"By the way I heard your conversation earlier see you later Max."Emmelie replied.

"W-wait how much of it did you hear."Max replied his face slowly going pale.

"That's for me to know and you to find out."Emmelie teased before walking away.

Max was in a huge dilemma now.So many questions were running through his head.Did she hear my confession? Does she think I'm a formula 1 driver? Does she like me? Max almost passed out and he could feel the sweat dripping from his head.He gradually collected himself and thought about the good things that could happen as he walked towards his hotel.