Chapter 5

Max was frozen in place as the beam of light shone upon him.He realised he would have to go up and perform on stage infront of the whole world.To be honest with himself, Max wasn't worried that he would have to go up and perform but rather that people may recognise him.Everybody in the world knew Max as the 2 time Formula 1 world champion who was ruthless on track, what they didn't know about him is that Max had always loved music since he was a little kid and when he wasn't karting around the world with this father he was sat infront of a piano honing his skills.Nobody knew about this apart from Christian and his best mate Daniel.It became such a hobby for him that he created an alias under which he played his music to the world and he became famous overnight with his song 'Another Love'.He goes by the name Tom Odell.No one had ever linked Tom to Max as they were from 2 entirely different worlds.

Meanwhile in the stands Emmelie who now sat with Alexander,Lena,Loreen,Alessandra and Käärijä was completely shocked that it was Max who selected to play in front of the crowd.She was broken out of her stupor by Loreen.

"Well well well if it isn't Max, you must be excited Emmelie."Loreen replied while smirking.

Emmelie turned to face the others and saw the look everyone was giving her immediately blushing bright red.

"I-it's not like that,  I'm just nervous for Max."she replied trying to get out of the dilemma she had been put it.

"Would you look at that they haven't even talked for a whole hour and she is already worried for him."Lena replied causing the others to laugh.

"Stop with the teasing guys"Emmelie replied while sighing to herself.

Meanwhile on the stage with Max-

"What is your name young man and what will you be playing for us today."Graham asked.

"My name is Max and I will be playing the song Another Love by Tom Odell."He replied confidently.

"Alright folks we have a classic hit from Max today take it away the stage is yours."Graham replied.

Piano verse

I wanna take you somewhere so you know I care
But it's so cold, and I don't know where
I brought you daffodils in a pretty string
But they won't flower like they did last spring

Short piano verse

And I wanna kiss you, make you feel alright
I'm just so tired to share my nights
I wanna cry and I wanna love
But all my tears have been used up

Short piano verse

On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up
On another love, another love

All my tears have been used up

On another love, another love

All my tears have been used up
Oh, ooh

Piano verse

And if somebody hurts you, I wanna fight
But my hands been broken, one too many times
So I'll use my voice, I'll be so fucking rude

Words, they always win, but I know I'll lose

And I'd sing a song, that'd be just ours

But I sang 'em all to another heart
And I wanna cry I wanna learn to love
But all my tears have been used up
On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up
On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up
Oh, oh, oh

Piano verse

(Oh, need a love, now, my heart is thinking of)
I wanna sing a song, that'd be just ours

But I sang 'em all to another heart
And I wanna cry I wanna learn to love
But all my tears have been used up

On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up
On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up
On another love, another love
All my tears have been used up
Oh, oh

"You young man have a knack for singing don't you almost did it as well as Tom Odell himself."Graham said enthusiastically.

"Ah thank you, I've always loved playing the piano and Tom has always been an inspiration to me."Max replied before walking off the stage.

"Let's give it up for Max one more time ladies and gentlemen."Hannah spoke as the crowd applauded Max's performance.

Meanwhile in the stands-

"Well Emmelie looks like you've found someone who is amazing at the piano quite the catch."Alessandra spoke up.

"We all agree don't we guys that man is talented."Alexander replied.

Emmelie wasn't paying attention to what the others were saying as she was completely mesmerised at Max playing the piano and that seemed to increase her attraction towards him tenfold.She even questioned herself if she was falling in love and she found her answer.

"I guess love at first sight is real then"Emmelie mumbled to herself.

"What was that you said Emmelie?"Lena asked.

"N-nothing at all Lena, I got to go right now I'll see you guys later bye."Emmelie responded as she ran off in search of Max.