Dragon standoff!

And we run it back for round two. Not much to say, so enjoy!

(A/n) - author talking

{Hi} - telepathic talking

'Hi' - character thoughts

X

Dragon standoff!

Previously...

[ Partner! Partner, can you hear me!? Get nooo... I'm too late.] Ddraig stopped trying to reach out to Issei as the one thing that he feared was happening. Both Rias and Akeno were both busy having 'fun' with this strange man and Issei was standing there silent, an emotionless mask on his face...

"I-it's just, what about Issei?" Asia asked nervously. I let a smile trace my lips before it immediately fell.

"Tch, c'mon Asia!" Xenovia scoffed "Be real here for a second, are you really asking because you care for the pervert or are you trying to say that don't enjoy Jerry's company." She teased, causing Asia to blush...

She lied to me...

She used me...

I was just a toy, a shiny toy that she could play with until she got bored. I thought she was my savior, a person I could trust... my lover.

Was that all a lie? It couldn't because I saw it happen today, and I just read about what she herself wrote. She toyed with me since the very beginning.

It was never Raynare's fault that I was scared of women, it was Rias, the manipulator behind it all...

" Issei?" I turned around at the voice. The person talking looked like a child that went full gothic. She stared blankly at him with her black eyes. She looked human aside from the elvish ears, but no one would bat an eye at it. But her power was something to be feared, even if she was technically at half strength she could easily destroy most of the world if she pleased. This person was Ophis.

"Ophis? What are you doing here?" I said to her weakly. She doesn't respond but instead chooses to walk over and sit next to me.

"Issei is sick." Is all she said. She always was the blunt one I suppose. "Why are you sick?" Ophis asked, pointing at the green spots that practically littered my body.

"Very... but I'm going to get better I promise." I knew that was a lie. There is a very high chance that I'm going to die, and won't see her again.

" I want to help Issei get better." Ophis said. Then Ophis stood up and closed her eyes.

"There is a town that way." Ophis says before leaning completely onto my back. " I will take a nap on Issei." And with that Ophis fell asleep. I only smiled and walked in the direction that Ophis pointed towards. I wondered what awaited me in this new world.

Now... Issei pov

'Man this sucks...' I sighed. I had been walking in the direction Ophis pointed to for maybe over an hour and a half now, and while I'm not tired, I am annoyed. The area around me wasn't bad, but it was mostly just a bunch of trees and the occasional rock or so. Ophis was sleeping on my back and honestly didn't seem to be waking up anytime soon.

[ Look on the bright side, partner. At least you get a breath of what nature has to offer.] Ddraig said to me.

"You're not wrong, it's just that it's kinda boring." I say walking over a branch. The dirt road up ahead seemed to go incognito as the path became more trees and less road. "Great, now I could get lost without even meaning to." Grumbling angrily I continued on the path. How far is this place anyway?