Judge, Jury and Executioner

After a short and anything but sweet phone call with her brother Scott, Maggie sat on the porch soaking in the last rays of sunshine. Bane hasn't spoken to her since he asked her if she felt safe... Did she?

She was in the middle of no where with a known terrorist and murderer, the two people that would search high and low for her believed that she was safe with each other .

"Wow Maggie, no one can say your not complicated." Maggie spoke to herself as she watched the sun set behind the trees. She heard his footsteps stop behind her but she did not turn.

"You should come inside." He spoke, his tone clipped and commanding.

"Are you telling me or asking me?" Maggie asked, she watched as the sky faded from a bright orange to the faded pinks of dusk.

"Telling you." Maggie turned and looked at him, trying to figure out this creature who confused her so much. Standing she pushed past him back in to the warmth of the cabin, she didn't realise how cool it had been outside.

"Is there anything I can change in to?" She asked, her scrubs felt heavy again her body, she felt dirty and unkempt.

"I have a few items in the back room." He gestured to a closed, faded door. Maggie moved pushing the rusted door handle down, the door creaked open revealing a bare, dirty mattress that looked like it belonged at a landfill never mind someone sleeping on it.

A pile of clothes we're pushed in the the far corner, picking up a white long sleeved short Maggie inspected it and the others, all male clothes and a few sizes too big settling on the white long sleeve she moved to shut the door.

"Close the door too." Bane spoke, he didn't look in her direction but his words made her halt. "There isn't no lights."

Closing the door to, she quickly shrugged off her scrub top and threw it across the room, the white top felt cool on her skin it hung from her body revealing her shoulder. "Better the blood soaked scrubs I guess." She reemerged from the room walking straight in to Bane.

Staring at one another Maggie could feel her breath become shallow, Bane stared in to her face like he was trying to figure out a maths equation or something, his blue green eyes rested on the skin on her shoulders.

"You are a mystery Maggie Griffin." His fingertips touched the faded scars that ran across the skin of her shoulder.

Maggie stepped back in the the door frame of the room "You shouldn't stare, it's rude." Squeezing past him, she shrugged the top hiding her shoulder.

"I cannot figure you out, in a city full of sin you are the most honest thing I have ever seen but you hide away who you are."

As Bane spoke Maggie moved towards the kitchen area, she kept her back to him staring at his reflection on the window "Are you going to let me leave?" Her hand grasped the handle of the drawer.

"No." Maggie whipped round, a aging hunting knife in her left hand, she launched the weapon towards Bane, missing him by a couple of inches slicing in to a hooded figure's throat.

Recognition hit Maggie instantly, she'd seen a figure like that the night before, she remembered the figure on the TV. Bane stared at her a mixture of suprise and pride mixed his features. "We have company."

From the darkness of the hunting lodge, five hooded figures stepped out from the shadow, they moved as one as they stared at Maggie and Bane who moved together as well, there backs pressing against each other. "Bane." The men spoke in unison there eyes shifting to Bane. "You have failed the League of Shadows and betrayed the memory of Talia al Ghul and will pay with your life."

As one they moved lashing towards them, there blows aimed at Bane. Maggie threw her fist out at any shape the animal instinct of survival bursting within her, grabbing the knife she had used earlier of the ground she stabbed and jabbed at anyone she could.

Blows hit her hard she she persisted, turning she watched as Bane snapped one of the Shadow's necks "Go." He bellowed, running for the door she burst threw it stumbling down the steps, she could feel the air rattling her lungs and she spotted a car.

"I hope this is Bane's."She thought as she fumbled with the handle, jumping in to the driver side she fumbled with the keys finding them already in the ignition.

Staring at the lodge she realises that silence had fallen upon it, struggling to catch her breath she waited searching the wooded area for any Bane like shape. #SMASH# a gloved hand destroyed the driver window of the car, a scream caught in Maggie's throat as she lashed out knife in hand, she felt it slice in to skin as the figure suddenly disappeared.

Another figure opened the passage door as the scream finally left Maggie whipping her hand around she held the blade against the throat of Bane, he never flinched as he stared at her, her body shook as she tried to catch her breath.

Slowly she lowered the knife "we are going back to Gotham."

Hi Guys

WW back with another update of Maggie's story!

I am enjoying writing this story and are so thankful for all your reads, comments and votes. Keep them coming!!

This chapter is dedicated to EvangelionMari

Enjoy

WW