Chapter 15: Trauma.

Kirishima took over to make sure the boy was doing okay while Izuku drove the rescue boat back to the dock. "You gave us quite the scare Haruki!" Kirishima exclaimed as he wrapped a warming blanket over the young boy. "I'm.. sorry Eijiro.." the boy slumped down. "Hey" Kirishima started as he started patting the boys head, "This is why we're here right? To make sure everyone on the beach is safe" Kirishima smiled and reassured the boy.

"We're almost at the dock so hang tight" he smiled and got up to check on Izuku. Kirishima grabbed a towel and put it around Izuku's shoulder. "You doin' alright man?" he asked, concerned for his friend. "Yeah, I'm just glad Haruki is safe" Izuku smiled but Kirishima knew his eyes weren't smiling. Infact, if Izuku wasn't wet you would be able to see the tears dripping down his cheeks. Kirishima sighed and gave Izuku a side hug as he continued steering the boat.

 Once Izuku felt Kirishima's warm embrace to comfort him he let out a sniffle. "You did great, Izu" Kirishima squeezed him in. Once they made it to the dock, Yagi was guiding the paramedics to the dock. Kirishma caried Haruki to the stretcher and Izuku followed behind hugging the towel around himself. "OH! Thank You! Thank You!" Haruki's mother exclaimed as she grabbed her son and hugged Kirishima. She looked over at a soaking Izuku and started crying more as she ran up to him with her son still in her arms. "Thank you so much, Izuku! I can't believe you swam all the way out there!" she said hugging him tightly.

Katsuki and Shinso were at the cafe and talking about the upcoming competition and how Katsuki's training was going. They talked about how Katsuki and Izuku's relationship was going and what their plans were for the future. Shinso and Katsuki were surprisingly having a great time together. They finished their lunch and grabbed their coffee's to go for a walk.

They walked around the board walk when they noticed a big crowd and an ambulance pull up. Katsuki's heart dropped to his stomach and he started to tremble. Shinso's eyes widened as he saw red and green hair coming from the boat on the water. "Let's Go!" Shinso said as he grabbed Katsuki by the arm. Katsuki didn't think twice, he dropped his coffee and started sprinting to the beach with Shinso in tow.

Shinso watched as the boat was heading back to the dock and saw Izuku wrapped in a towel as he drove the boat. Kirishima was side hugging him and leaning his head on Izuku's. Katsuki saw Yagi leading the paramedics to the dock "ALL MIGHT!" he screamed, trying not to let tears fall from his eyes. "Young Bakugou! Young Shinso!" he waved them over. "WHAT HAPPENED? WHERE'S IZUKU?!" Katsuki grabbed his coach's shoulders trying not to panic. "Young Bakugou, breathe! He's okay!" Yagi tried calming Katsuki down. Shinso grabbed Katsuki's shoulder and pointed with a smile.

Katsuki looked and watched as he saw Kirishima carrying a little boy in a blanket and Izuku walking behind him wrapped in a towel. Once he saw that Izuku and everyone else was okay he couldn't stop the tears from falling. He squatted down and brought his hands to his face taking a deep breath. Shinso smiled and placed his hand on Katsuki's head and looked at Yagi. "Haruki was playing in the water when a wave took him out farther. Before I could even radio the 2, they were already sprinting to the dock and Young Midoriya jumped in and swam out to Young Haruki" Yagi explained.

Shinso's eyes went hide and Katsuki jolted his head up "HE SWAM?" They yelled in unison. They looked over and watched as Haruki's mother hugged and thanked both of them. Izuku walked up to Kirishima and the 2 watched as the paramedics started taking Haruki and his mother to the ambulance. Yagi stopped them before they left the beach "I'm glad you're okay Young Haruki" Yagi smiled and patted the boy on the head. Haruki smiled and nodded his head as his mother carried him to the ambulance.

Kirishima put his arm around Izuku and started walking off the dock. Beach goers ran up to cheer them on and thank them for their hard work while some who watched Izuku swim out hug him and smile with tears in their eyes. Kirishima didn't let go of Izuku and smiled at everyone who cheered for them and he looked over. He saw Yagi standing on the other side of the crowd with Shinso and Katsuki and he started to ask the beach goers to step aside so Izuku could go dry off and change. Kirishima and Katsuki locked eyes and Kirishima smiled at him as he walked Izuku over.

Izuku finally lifted his head as they got past the crowd and saw Katsuki standing there with tears in his eyes. He stopped walking and looked over at Kirishima, he got a smile and a nod and Kirishima let go. Izuku scrunched up his face and ran to Katsuki sobbing. He ran into his boyfriends arms and cried as Katsuki wrapped him in his embrace and kissed all over his head.

The 5 went over to the guard station and Izuku dried off, changed into his clothes sat on the couch. Katsuki sat next to him and pulled into his chest and starting rubbing Izuku's back. Between pushing himself to swim as fast as he could to save Haruki and crying uncontrollably, Izuku fall asleep as soon as his head hit Katsuki's chest. Shinso walked over with a water for Katsuki and Izuku and looked at his tiny friend "He's out like a light" Shinso cuffed as he handed the water to Katsuki.

"I don't blame him, he really pushed himself out there today" Kirishima started "I've seen him swim but never like that... his past must have triggered his fight response" he explained as he sat next to Izuku on the other side of the couch. Katsuki looked down at his sleeping lover and pulled hair away from his face. "I should get him home.." Katsuki expressed as he kept staring at Izuku. "You walked today, you can't carrying him all the way home.." Shinso added as he sat on one of the office chairs. "Right.." Katsuki huffed as he adjusted himself and laid Izuku's head on his lap.

Everyone was proud of Izuku for how he handled saving Haruki but knew it took a toll on his mental state because of his past. "I can go get your car while he sleeps" Shinso suggested as he stood up to grab his bag "Do you need anything from home? I have to stop by my house quickly anyway" Shinso added as Katsuki handed him his car keys. "Yeah.. can you grab him some sweat pants and one of my hoodies? My stuffs on the left side of the closet" Katsuki requested as he put his hand over his forehead and leaned against the arm rest. "I'll be back in a bit" Shinso said leaving the station.

Kirishima, Yagi and Katsuki were sitting around chatting about mindless nothings while they waited for Shinso to come back. Izuku groaned and opened his eyes "Oh, I fell asleep?" he pondered as he sat up and stretched his arms. "Hey Izu, how you feeling?" Kirishima asked "I feel better than I expected" Izuku smiled slightly to assure everyone. Katsuki wasn't convinced, he knew his boyfriend still had nightmares from time to time "Are you sure baby?" he asked as he pushed some hair behind Izuku's ear.

"Yes, I'm just so glad I made it to Haruki in time" Izuku yawned. "Shinso went to go get Young Bakugou's car and grab you a change of clothes" Yagi told Izuku as he handed him something to drink. Just as Izuku went to respond Shinso walked in "Oh you're finally awake?" Shinso smiled as he placed down a bag and handed Katsuki back his car keys. "Yeah, how long was I asleep anyway?" Izuku asked and looked around the room. "About an hour and a half" Kirishima told him as he checked his watch. "Here, go put these on" Katsuki told Izuku as he handed him the bag of clothes.

"We'll grab some dinner and head home when you're done" he finished as Izuku went into the locker room. "Anyone wanna come have dinner with us?" Katsuki asked the others in the room. "Sure, I wanna make sure MidoBro is actually okay anyway" Kirishima said as he grabbed his bag. "I got no plans" Shinso shrugged "Coach?" Katsuki looked at Yagi "You guys go ahead, I have to close up" he smiled and the 4 headed out the door.