Chapter 8: It was... You.

As the days went by, Katsuki and Izuku grew closer. They worked shifts together so Katsuki could continue getting the hang of things and hung out all the time outside of work. They went on a few dates and even started hanging out at each others apartments. Katsuki came to find out that Izuku some times gets nightmares about the night his first love died and Shinso was always the one to take care of him. One morning, Izuku sat at Katsuki's kitchen bar waiting for Katuski to finish making them breakfast. Izuku had dark circles under his eyes and it was a bit concerning for Katsuki to see the man he came to like struggling so much even if he had his best friend to comfort him.

Katsuki opened a drawer in the kitchen and dug out a key, "Here..." he said, sliding the key over to Izuku. "What's this?" Izuku said taking the key and looking at Katsuki. "It's the spare key to my apartment..." Katsuki said as he plated their food. "Why..?" Izuku was confused at why he was giving him the spare key. "If you ever have another nightmare and it's too much, feel free to come down and wake me up.." Katsuki started "Shinso lives a little farther away and I'm right here, downstairs..." he continued "come over whenever you can't cope or can't fall back to sleep" he finished handing Izuku a plate of food.

Izuku put his plate down and looked up at Katsuki "I couldn't just come in, Kacchan" he started "I would feel bad just to wake you up" Izuku poked at his eggs waiting for a response. "If you can call Shinso at any given hour, don't feel bad about coming down here and making yourself comfortable" Katsuki started and took a sip of his coffee. "You're welcome here any day at any time, Izuku... I won't even be mad if you climbed into my bed so you could go back to sleep.." Katsuki glanced at Izuku to see his facial expression.

Izuku looked at Katsuki and smiled slightly "Thank you, Kacchan.." The 2 finished their breakfast and headed off to work together like they did every morning since they realized they lived in the same building. There were days where Katsuki had to work afternoons because of his physio appointments so when he came after Izuku was finished work, Yagi would keep Katsuki in the command station to learn about the monitors and codes or he'd send Katsuki out with another member of the team to work the towers.

Over time, Katsuki started getting closer with everyone on the team and started hanging out with them outside of work as well but when the day was done, he just wanted to go home and see Izuku. He really liked Izuku, he was always thinking about him and always wanting to be with the little green haired lifeguard. He went home after having dinner with Kirishima, Mina, Kaminari and Sero and glanced up at Izuku's door to see if the light was on. When he noticed the time and saw that the lights were off he figured Izuku was probably asleep and went into his apartment.

He put his keys in his dish and brought his bag into the livingroom and dropped it on the couch. "Ouch!" a voice came from the dark, Katsuki flinched and turned on the light. "Deku?" Katsuki was stunned to see him laying on his cough with his hand over his face. "Shit! Are you okay? Did I hurt you?" Katsuki panicked racing to check Izuku's face. "I-I'm okay, sorry for sleeping on your couch" Izuku chuckled nervously like he was in trouble. "Don't be sorry, I gave you a key for a reason... But are you okay? Did something happen?" Katsuki asked in concern "Give me a second, I'll make some tea." he said strolling off to the kitchen to boil water.

Katsuki finished making the tea and walked back into the living room. Izuku was sitting there playing with the hem of his sweatshirt when he noticed Katsuki hand him a mug. "T-thank.. you.." he mumbled and took a sip of the tea. Katsuki sat down next to him and crossed his leg over the other. "Why didn't you text or call me to let me know you were here?" Katsuki asked, putting his mug down on the coffee table. "I... don't know.." Izuku mumbled. Katsuki wrapped his arm around Izuku and pulled him into his embrace, planting a kiss on his head. Izuku's eyes started to water and he covered his face in Katsuki's chest.

"Was it another nightmare?" Katsuki asked as he rubbed Izuku's back. "Maybe?... I don't know how to explain it..." Izuku started. "Well, try. It's better to talk about these things so you can keep moving forward" Katsuki assured Izuku as he continued to comfort him. "I... was at the beach with my swim team and..." Izuku choked trying to hold back tears "It's the same one I always have.. My senpai heads out to the water and drowns... but this time" Izuku started to cry and Katsuki waited for him to gather his thoughts. "This time... when they pulled him out, it wasn't him..." he wiped his eyes but the tears wouldn't stop. "Who was it?" Katsuki turned to face Izuku so they could face each other. "It was... You.." Izuku announced barely above a whisper.