Chapter 11: He's the One.

Izuku was sitting in the waiting room with Shinso. He had taken the day off to sit and wait for Katsuki's surgery to be over with Izuku so he wasn't alone with his fears. "He'll be fine, Zu" Shinso said rubbing the sobbing mans back to comfort him. "Yeah... I just can't help the tears" he sniffled in response as he wipped his eyes. "So, Bakugou's the one huh?" Shinso teased as he nudged Izuku. Izuku chuckled and leaned back "Yeah.. I knew I loved him the moment Shindo's face turned into Kacchan's" Izuku sighed "I'm happier now than I was with Shindo... I didn't think that was possible" Izuku glanced over at Shinso and smiled.

Shinso leaned back and put his arm out so Izuku could lean on his shoulder. "We still have some time until the surgery is done, why dont you take a nap. I'll wake you when the doctor comes" he suggested as he placed his hand over Izuku's eyes. Izuku hummed and nodded his head and with that he fell asleep. Izuku finally woke and realized he was back in Katsuki's private room. "HUH?" he jolted up and looked around. Katsuki was sleeping next to him in the hospital bed with an oxygen mask on.

"Oh. You're awake" Shinso stated as he walked out of the bathroom. "What happened? I thought you were going to wake me when the doctor came?" Izuku said as he climbed out of the bed carefully so that he wouldn't wake his boyfriend. "The doctor told me to let you sleep since you guys were here really early. He said to come get him when you woke up so I'll be right back" Shinso explained as he left the room to get the doctor. Izuku turned back and looked at Katsuki as he laid there still.

A few minutes later Shinso came back with the doctor, Yagi was following behind. He was Katsuki's contact and they called him when he came out of surgery. Izuku sat on the bed next to his boyfriend and held his hand. "Everything went well" the doctor started "Actually, it went better than even we expected." he finished and Izuku exhaled in relief. He looked over and couldn't help but let the tears fall. "He should be up in the next few hours or so. When he does one of you can call the nurses station and I'll be by to talk to him" the doctor stated as he bowed and headed towards the door. "Thank you, Dr. Aizawa" Yagi followed and the 2 stepped out of the room.

It was getting late for Shinso and Yagi got ready to leave even though Bakugou hadn't woken up yet. Izuku walked them to the door "Call me if you need me okay, Zu?" Shinso requested as he hugged his smaller friend goodbye. "I'll call you both when he wakes up" Izuku assured them as he waved goodbye. He shut the door and took a breath as he placed his head against the door. He composed himself and waddled over to the bed to climb in. Izuku grabbed his book from the side table and decided to read while he waited.

He was so exhausted from waiting and crying all day that he didn't notice that he fell asleep yet again. When he woke up, Katsuki wasn't beside him. He jumped up in a panic and ran towards the room door. "Kacchan?!" he yelled and stopped dead in his tracks when Katsuki walked sluggishly out of the bathroom. "You okay baby?" Katsuki asked as he strolled to Izuku with his IV pole. Izuku couldn't help himself, he started sobbing and dropped to the floor craddling his legs. Katsuki was startled as he watched Izuku drop down "Izu? What's wrong?" he said trying to kneel down.

Izuku looked up and wiped his tears "I'm.. just so happy you're finally awake!" he sniffled and smiled as he stood back up. Katsuki took his free arm and pulled Izuku into a hug, kissing him on the crown of his head. "I got up about an hour ago... You were sleeping so peacefully so I didn't want to wake you up" he said as they walked over to the hospital bed. Izuku grabbed the remote and raised the bed so they could sit up. Katsuki laid down and put out his unbandaged right arm out so Izuku could snuggle in. Izuku smiled and wiped the rest of his tears as he crawled into the bed and cuddled into Katsuki's chest.

"Oh right!" Izuku shot up and grabbed his phone "What are you doing?" Katsuki said sitting up and leaning his head on the back of Izuku's shoulder so he could see what he was doing on his phone. "I promised Mr. Yagi and Shinso I'd call when you woke up" Izuku said as he dialed Yagi's number in his phone. Izuku spoke to Yagi and passed the phone over to Katsuki so he could talk to him too. Once Izuku was done making calls to their friends at the guard house who were waiting for Katsuki to get out of surgery and woke up, Katsuki agreed to have them all visit during visiting hours the next day.

After being off for 2 weeks, Izuku was trying to convince his boyfriend to take another week off. "You need your rest! We'll be fine until you recover your strength" Izuku winded hoping his stubborn boyfriend would finally listen. "I won't be doing anything strenuous. Besides, I wanna come with you" Katsuki said as he strapped on his sling. Izuku sighed and helped strap the sling around Katsuki's neck. "Fine, but if Mr. Yagi tells me you aren't taking it easy I'm bringing you right home!" Izuku scolded causing Katsuki to chuckle a bit "Yes Sir!" Katsuki saluted then leaned in to kiss Izuku. "Let's head out now, baby" he said as he reached down to grab his bag. Izuku slapped his hand and took the bag himself and walked out the door. Katsuki laughed and soon followed his annoyed boyfriend.

Katsuki was stuck in the guard station for 3 weeks after his surgery. Izuku went with him to all of his check ups and made sure he wrote down the doctors orders for Katsuki's recovery. At night, Izuku helped clean the incision site and change the bandages while also making sure his stubborn lover took his medication on time every day. It was finally time for the stitches to come out and Izuku felt like he could finally breathe. "Everything looks great, 1 more week of rest and you should be able to start seeing Midnight again for physio" the doctor stated as he took off his gloves. "No swimming!" the doctor said as he glanced over to Katsuki "Just because the stitches are out, doesn't mean you can't still get an infection" he finished as he looked over at the couple.

Izuku started laughing "Don't worry Dr. Aizawa, even at work he's banned from going past 30 meters towards the water" he advised as he got up and headed to the door. Katsuki followed behind him "You found a good partner, he really cares about you, Bakugou" the doctor pointed out and Katsuki looked over his shoulder "Yeah.. I'm gonna marry him one day" he smirked and left the office.

C/N:

The next chapter will be time skipped about 2 and a half years. Look for updates on my twitter for the next publish date!

- Morgaanxo