A content smile fell on Chads lips, seeing the blonde giddy with excitement as she plopped back on the sofa, clicking the button on the remote.

"Ready?"

The boy was stuck for a moment, looking at August. She was so pretty. But he didn't like her. Pfft. He had a girlfriend. He was just friends with Augustine. They were best friends. And he would do anything to protect her.

"Chad?"

"Hmm." His brown eyes fell to hers. "Yeah. Ready."

The movie played, Chad knew practically every lyric to the songs. He could probably recite the whole movie. August loved the classic old movies. Doris Day, Judy Garland, Fred Astaire. She adored those films. It was probably because her mother enjoyed them. April loved to collect vintage pieces, things that belonged in homes during the 40's.

"You will not believe-" Mindy's voice echoed as she walked into the living room. August was half asleep on the sofa, head fallen on Chads shoulder. The Meeks girl paused, looking between her twin and the blonde, and the screen. "Easter Parade? Again?" She recited the same words Chad had said.

The boy nodded, glancing down to the blonde to see her fully asleep, even breaths. The boy grabbed the remote, pausing just before Fred Astaire and Ann Miller danced.

"She won. Fair and square."

Mindy grinned, a knowing look. "'Fair'. Yeah." She really did adore her twin, but sometimes he was an idiot. An oblivious idiot.

Mindy walked back into the kitchen, making popcorn for herself. August stirred awake. Tired eyes, freckled cheeks that looked like scattered constellations. "Did I fall asleep?" She mumbled, yawning after.

The boy chuckled, admiring, adoring, the girl. "Yeah. We can finish the movie later." He moved a piece of hair out from her face, a soft smile of his lips. "Mindy will probably change it."

He was right, of course.

Mindy sat on the sofa, bowl of popcorn she kept to herself, already starting the new film pick. She needed to educate them.

     Time passed in the home of Meeks-Martin. August had fallen asleep halfway through Psycho 2. Chad was slightly confused on how the blonde could just fall asleep as the movie showed violence and murder.

      Chad and August had retreated to the boys room, sitting on the ledge of his window as the cold September air pricked their skin. Her purple painted nails tapping against the window seal, gold rings adoring her pale skin.

       "When are you going to Tara's?" The boy questioned after August had told him about the project she had just been assigned with Tara Carpenter. Given, Chad knew Tara.

     The blonde hummed, chin resting on her knee. The moon was pretty, so we're the stars that scarred through the night sky. "Thursday?" She, herself, wasn't quite sure. Tara had mentioned Thursday, but knowing August, she'd back out last minute.

     "Hey, you can come here after and we can watch cheesy romcoms." His smile didn't waver, but concern glossed his eyes. Chad was concerned. He knew August. He knew that the thought of going to Tara's house, alone, for a few hours would be hell to the blonde. There was no problem with Tara, the Carpenter girl was great, but the overthinking conversations and thoughts would overpower Augustine's mind.

     "Thanks Chad."

      The Meeks boy never understood how someone like her could ever be hurt. Emotionally or physically. She was made of glass. But not in a bad way, in a good way. Glass can be beautiful, admired, and it can also be frágil. August didn't look like glass, but she was if she broke.

     August chewed on the inside of her cheek, hazel eyes staring up at the moon. She wished she could stop time, make everyday feel like this. The ethereal feeling of the shining stars and smiling moon in the night sky, the cold shiver that reminded her autumn was near, and being beside Chad. Beside the person she trusted more then anything (except her dad).

      Everything would be worth it to be in that moment.