002

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎ɪ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴀɴʏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴇʟꜱᴇ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎
ɪ ᴡᴏᴜʟ ʙᴇ ɴʏʙᴏᴅʏ ʟꜱᴇ

𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐁𝐁𝐄𝐃 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐃'𝐒 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐓 that he had left on the side, trailing after Ethan as they followed behind Chad.

As they neared the staircase, August realised why the Meeks boy was needed. Tara was being lead upstairs by a boy that seemed just as douchey as he looked.

"Hey, partner!" The two turned to Chad. "Tara's good down here."

Tara stepped down, balence wobbly. August realised that the youngest Carpenter was quite tipsy and shouldn't be making decisions at that moment.

"Sorry, bro, I didn't catch that."

Chad was pissed. He seemed like a jock on the outside, one that would've slept with the whole cheer team and cheated on who he was dating. But that wasn't Chad. He would go to war for his friends and family. He'd take hit after hit if it meant the others were safe. He was nothing like the guy standing on the staircase, thinking he was the king of the world.

"August!" Tara practically screamed, beaming smile as she saw the blonde. The Jones girl smiled, waving slightly to Tara.

"Yeah, you did." Chad continued, hardened gaze on the egotistical jerk.

Tara shook her head, stepping closer to her friend. "No, Chad." Her words slurred and her eyes dropped. She wasn't thinking clearly and it concerned August dearly. "It's fine. I want to."

"Yeah, see, Chad?" He forced Chad back by his chest. A grin on his lips, the smell of alcohol evident.

The frat boy didn't waste anymore time on Chad and grabbed Tara by the arm, tight, and started to lead her upstairs.

Tara winced, her drunken state not helping as she tripped backwards up the steps. August's eyes went wide, gasping as Chad immediately grabbed Frankie, harshly, shoving him away from Tara. The commotion caused most partygoers to stop and direct their attention to the scene.

August slipped past the boys, coming to Tara's side. She placed one hand on her shoulder and the other on her arm, helping her to stand.

"I'm fine." Tara sneered, even though the blonde was just helping. Her mood turned sour.

August huffed, continuing to help anyway. "Too bad. I'm helping and you're drunk."

More people crowded around, choosing to record the caos on their phones then help. August saw Mindy, Chad's twin, joining. A look of concern for her twin brother, who was ready to fight.

Tara tried to get them to stop, shouting at the boys, but neither made an effort to do as such.

Before anything could escalate further, the saviour, Sam Carpenter, broke up the pending fight. "Sorry to interrupt." Chad stepped back as Sam's piercing gaze fell on the douchebag. "I'm just gonna take you in the balls real quick."