003

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɪssᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄᴀʀ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎
ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɪssᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄᴀʀ

   𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐒' 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 far from campus. She had moved to New York with her dad, deciding to still live with him in a quant house by the suburbs. She didn't like the thought of being thrown in the deep end, living with a roommate she knew nothing about.

Yes, she could have stayed with Mindy, Sam, Tara, but honestly, she thought they would have stuck together.

August also knew that what happened last year effected her dad. The man being more overprotective then before.

Marcus Jones was sweet and kind, funny. He saw the good in people before the bad. He lost his wife, mother of his child, and it pained him. Marcus swore his heart shattered in that hospital, the other half of his soul missing. August was nearly six, he needed to be strong for her, make sure she was loved and happy.

August walked beside Ethan, fidgeting with the bracelet on her wrist. The two was walking in silence. It wasn't awkward, nor weird. It was comfortable. Like, when you've known someone for so long that you could just sit in the silence.

      "Have you been here long? New York, I mean?" Ethan voiced, glancing from the blonde back to his sneakers.

      The boys voice snapped August out of her own head, realising she had been chewing on her bottom lip. "Hmm?"

      "How long have you lived here?"

     August nodded, "Uh, not long. After I graduated." She looked down to her hands, starting to fidget with her jewellery again. She wasn't good at conversations. They weren't her strong suit.

      "Cool. Cool." The boy nodded, both equally as quiet and shy as the other. "Why not live with Tara or Mindy?"

       The blonde hummed, hugging herself in comfort. "My dads kinda overprotective. It's understandable, though. My mom died when I was a kid and it's just been us since."

     Ethan stopped, eyes widening. "Shit. I'm sorry." The girl shook her head, a hint of a smile as she turned to him. She never really talked about her mother, it always hurt to much. Chad knew the most about Augustine's past. He practically knew everything about her. She allowed him to know her.

      She felt safe with Ethan, like she could tell him anything. She could let Ethan knew her every thought and she wouldn't mind. She trusted him.

       "It's fine. It was a long time ago." August knelt to the floor, seeing a tiny ladybug walk amount a leaf. She smiled, holding her finger out as it crawled onto her pale skin. "Ladybug's were my mom's favourite." August chucked. "She used to call me that."