005

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄ꜱᴇᴘᴛᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ²⁰²¹

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
ꜱᴇᴘᴛᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ²²¹

   𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐄𝐗𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐋𝐘 where August wanted to be. It wasn't so much about the state, it was more about being the new girl.

     She had done this before. After her mom died, her dad moved them to Michigan. Due to his work, they recently moved to Woodsboro.

    August didn't know anyone. She was the new kid, starting towards the end of Junior year. It wasn't the best time to move.

      The first week was...awkward. Some people were nice, others were total jerks. She kept her head down and finished the end of the school year. Although, there was one boy. He had a pretty smile and a sparkle in his eye. He actually looked out for August.

     Chad Meeks-Martin. He introduced himself to her, watching out for her, especially when a few of his team mates were being dicks. He was her friend. Chad had tried to introduce August to his own group, but she was adamant on being alone.

      The Meeks boy, however, didn't listen. He became her friend. He was her only friend. Chad didn't mind. August didn't mind. They would spent weekends at one of their houses, watching movies and eating junk food till the sun rose. On a few occasions, Mindy, Chad's twin sister, joined, dictating the film the whole time.

     Movies were their thing. It changed each time. A game of rock-paper-scissors between the two decided who would pick the movie and genre. In the first ten minutes, the popcorn bowl would be empty.

  "Come on!" Chad wined, losing the game at hand. August grinned, a glimmer in her eye. A look of mischief.

"Ha." August hummed, leaving her spot and walking over to the stand under the television. Multiple stacks of movie's resided. Her finger traced the titles on the side of the cover, before picking a classic of hers. The blonde pulled out the dvd, holding it to her chest as she turned to the Meeks boy, a cheeky smile tugging at her rosy lips.

The boy sighed. "Easter Parade? Again?"

August nodded, bitting at her bottom lip as she pushed the dvd in the player.

"I won fair and square."

Chad ran a hand down his face. He didn't particularly care for Judy Garland movies, but if it made August smile, he would gladly watch every movie scene that stared the woman.