𝐓𝐄𝐍: "About Dinner.."

Start from the beginning

A few seconds it was silent, but then I heard a voice. "Ah sorry- I dropped my phone. Russia, right?" A woman's voice spoke. I had forgotten who it was.

"Yes. And this is?" I raised a brow, looking at my phone. It was quite old and I havent bought a new one for a few years.

The woman on the other line giggled in satisfication. "Its me! Maharlika!" She said, I perked my eyebrows up in interest.

Maharlika, the country I had accidently walked in on the other day in the European block in Eleutheria. It was hard to not remember.

"Ah, I remember. Are you.. feeling alright now?" I said, showing a little concern in my voice. I tried quietly clearing my throat, while I held the phone a bit far.

"Yeah.. Im okay. Are you still up for dinner? I mean, are you still in Eleutheria?" She asked, fumbling her words. I laughed at her efforts, in a light hearted way.

"I'm still here. I'm leaving in about a.. no - three days." I told her, and I heard a little audible gasp.

"Are you good for dinner today?" She asked, sounding a bit impatient.

"Of course." I replied, with a little smirk on my face. Ive only know this stranger because of a little harmless accident, but to be honest.. I feel like I know her.

She squealed in delight, which made me chuckle. "Sorry for the last minute plan, Ive actually got a lot of work to do the next couple of days." She turned back to a bored sigh.

"It's alright. Im free anyway. See you later."

Then, I met you. The first time Ive heard of you, I thought you were nothing special. Just another island country. I met you, I after that i could never get that encounter off of my mind. It wasnt anything special, but it felt like.. I was talking to someone of the past.

It couldnt really be him. After all..

He's just a fragment of history.

"EU, may I have the day off?" I had requested politely this time, no commands, no shouting, whatsoever. Eu looked at me, showing concern as he expected to get shout at.

He blinked. "Russia, you've got a lot of work to do. What is so important that you need to skip it?" He had asked with his unbothered expression. I was atleast two metres away from him - which is what he expected from me when I went to his office. He hated if I was anywhere close.

"I'm having dinner with somebody.." I mumbled, but loud enough so he could hear. But a tint of link scattered across my cheeks once I said that. I mean, felt it.

Eu's gaze softened. "Really?" He chuckled, looking unexpectingly.

I nodded.

"Very well. But you must finish your work before you go back to your country." Eu continued, "Or else you'll get a penalty just like everyone else." He informed me.

I already knew what would happen, it wasnt anything surprising to me. I nodded. "Yes, Eu. Thank you." I thanked him.

He dismissed me with a gesture, and I walked away. I looked back to see a small smile planted on his face.

[AUTHORS POV:]

"Ah!" She exclaimed as she looked down at the messy bed. She has never seen a hotel room look this messy. She might even hold the record for messiest hotel room ever.