Andrea sniffed and nestled her head against her mother’s chest. “Will the sorrow ever subside?” she asked barely above a whisper.

Dolores kissed her forehead. “It will, but this isn’t something you’ll ever forget. But I just want to let you know that it is not the end of the word. You will laugh again, smile and live a wonderful life. One day, you’ll get married and have as many kids as you want. Trust me on this,” she said soothingly, rubbing her shoulder in comforting circles.

A few minutes passed before Andrea spoke again. “Where is Omar? How is he doing?”

“I actually am not sure. I haven’t seen much of him over the past couple of weeks. When he heard about the baby, he just ran off, and since then, he has been virtually a ghost,” Dolores replied with a shrug.

That hurt Andrea even more. So, not only had he ruined her family’s image, but he’d also just ghosted her too? Even after the death of their child? Hell, maybe he didn’t care about her as much as she thought he did. Afterall, he did tell her he loved her and then leaked false information to the press about it. The conversation they had had before the accident was still fresh in her mind, and then the accident itself…

There was no way that was just a mere accident. At best, it was an assassination attempt. Despite her best efforts to shoot down her imagination, she had a horrid feeling that Amir Pedrad had a lot to do with it than she would like to overtly admit.

Dolores sat up straighter, as did Andrea. Cupping her daughter’s face, she asked, “Do you remember what happened that day?”

Andrea nodded her head. “After I found out about the allegations, I left Omar’s vineyard in the limousine he’d rented. When we were on the road, a car bumped into us repeatedly from the rear before another one rammed into us from the side and sent the car flying over a cliff.”

Dolores swore under her breath. “So, it wasn’t an accident. I guess your father was right about that. He’d been having it investigated but there haven’t been any leads. But now we can inform the authorities about what you just told me so that they can be more serious about the search,” she muttered before getting off the bed and grabbing her phone.

“What about the driver? He could have told you this.”

“Well,” Dolores began with a somber tone. “The driver died on impact. And there were no other witnesses besides you, so there wasn’t much to work with.”

Coldness filled her veins when Andrea heard about the death of the driver as well. How could someone be so cruel as to kill people and not think about their families that would be left behind? Two people had died now, and that was more than enough reason for Andrea to want whoever had done it to be brought to justice. She didn’t care who would go down, just as long as they went down.

She sat up straighter. “Mum, there’s something you should know. When I was in London, the whole poisoning thing, it wasn’t just food poisoning…I think it was Omar’s father who did it. And I think that he also had something to do with the accident.”

Dolores’s face paled. “W-what are you saying, Andrea? Do you know how serious those allegations are?” she demanded sharply, a chill running down her spine. Never had it crossed her mind that the perpetrator could be none other than Amir Pedrad. He had been so kind and sweet on the few occasions they’d met to when did he suddenly become an antagonist?

“Think about it. I know he made us all believe that he was on board with me having the baby and Omar marrying me but deep down, he hated to be told what to do. He never wanted his precious son to wind up with some ‘little girl’ who in his mind, purposefully got pregnant just to weasel her way into the life of said son. He thinks this is history repeating itself, because the same happened to him and he didn’t want the same happening to Omar,” she stated with a snarl like pitch.

Dolores put her phone back down on the couch and walked towards Andrea with slow steps. “So, you’re saying that Amir was willing to go as far as to kill you and my grandchild? All because he didn’t want you to taint his perfect family?” she echoed in disbelief. “Andrea, I think you’re mistaken. The food incident was just what that doctor in England said it was. As for the accident, it could have been one of your father’s enemies. It-,”

Andrea cut her off abruptly. “For heaven’s sake, mother, open your eyes! Omar didn’t want me to go to London with him because he was afraid. He was afraid that his father would do something to me, and even though it didn’t work, he showed his true colors. Amir Pedrad is a man who will stop at nothing to get his way and destroy those who challenge him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was the one who released that information to the media, to let Omar take the blame so that we would be separated. In the end, he got exactly what he wanted. My baby is dead, and Omar and I are over. There will be no wedding, he wins.”

Her mother took a seat at the edge of the bed as she digested everything Andrea had just told her. It sounded like something out of a Telenovela, but it was very plausible. From the moment Dolores laid her eyes on Amir, she could not miss the way his obsidian eyes strongly resembled two hollow orbs filled with ice and malice. He reminded her so much of Humberto Dos Santos, only Arabic and much more malevolent.

Andrea leaned forward, her face as hard as marble. Gone was the grieving mother, and now there was a woman who wanted justice for her unborn child. “He, and everyone else involved in this needs to pay, mum. What more convincing do you need? If Omar were here right now, he’d have reiterated what I just told you and I have a feeling that his disappearance isn’t him hiding but he too wants justice. I might have blamed him for what happened, but his is not the only one to blame. This matter is much deeper than you know,” she said before laying against the head post once again.

Amir might have won the battle, but the war wasn’t over just yet.

________________________________

Brand new week! How are you lovely people doing? 🥰🥰🥰.

I guess things are getting serious here...Andrea is playing detective.

Who else wants Amir to go down?

Keep reading to know how it all ends!

Vote, comment and share 😘

~Deetronite 💋