13. No Good For Me

12 PM

Nurses had to hold your hand and feet stiffened so you would slowly and carefully get up out of the bed. You grunted in pain when your back pain got to you. "Dewey, I can't do this.." you said as you about to start crying again. "I know, Y/n, and I'm sorry.." he said as he handed you a pair of clothes that were from the doctor's office. "Here, hun, here are some more pain killer pills" the nurse said as she handed you a cup of water and a pill. You took the pill and drank the water.

After you were done getting changed, you just had a small donut and water, then brushed your teeth in the bathroom that was in the room. Dewey carried your backpack since you couldn't really turn your right arm to put it inside the strap hole.

At The School

You just sat in the backseat as you looked out the window. "I know how hard this must be" Dewey said. You then turned to him. "Police officers don't have to listen to the school, you know?" You said wanting to leave as your breath hitched. "I know, I know..but your injuries aren't extreme, Y/n" he said back. "So you think that the fact that I almost broke my diaphragm and half of my torso, along with my nose and spranged my nose, means that going back to school is just like a hospital?" You raised an eyebrow.

"No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that maybe if we try for just today, it'll get better" he said. You furrowed your eyebrows at him. "Thanks for the help" you said sarcastically as you just grabbed your backpack by its handle and got out the car carefully. You sighed in pain with your back and stomach. Bad idea, Dewey, bad idea. Dewey just sighed tiredly as he also got out so he could supervise you and Sidney.

You walked inside the school and saw Tatum coming out of the bathroom and she ran over to you. "Holy shit! Are you okay?!" "Totally" you replied as you lifted up your shirt a little to show the torso brace, making her eyes widen. "Who did this?!" She said as she hugged you gently so she wasnt hurting you.

"I don't know but I wanna know, too" you replied pulling away from the hug and walked to your locker. "Did you hear that Sidney-" "was also attacked" you finished for her. "Especially on the same night as you!" She added. "Okay- Tatum..." your voice cracked as you turned to her with tears already in your eyes. Her face softened. "I'm sorry to ruin your energy, but.." you shook your head, "I'm just..really not in the mood" you said as a tear rolled down your cheek. She slowly nodded as she hugged you again. "I'm sorry" she whispered in your ear.

You pulled away and started walking to your locker. You saw Billy coming out of the classroom and his eyes widened when he saw you. He walked over to you, if was as if he wanted to hug you but he couldn't, or could he? "Y/n..?!" You turned to him. "Oh, hey" you greeted as you continued putting your stuff in your locker. He just looked at your arm and he could see the brace for your torso through your shirt. "I'm sorry about what happened" he said as he leaned against the locker and looked at you. You shrugged, "I'm not too concerned about me, I just wanna know who did it" you said back. He kept on looking at you and he looked around to make sure that Randy and Sidney weren't around, good.

He stepped a bit closer to you. "You know, you and I can maybe hangout today" he said as he lingered his finger on your cast. You looked at him. "I don't know, I'm still scared to go out" you said. "Well, 2 against 1, that'd be a deal, right?" He said with an evil smile. "Really?" You sarcastically said with a little laugh making him smile. "I mean, yeah, look at you, you already got your armor ready" he said meaning the brace and cast. You laughed at his joke and he also laughed.

This is exactly what I wanted, time for just us. No Randy, no Sidney, nobody. "I would also have to check up on Randy if I were to hang out with you" you said. "Like, ask?" "Yeah" "why?" He raised an eyebrow. "Because we haven't seen eachother the whole night because of what's been happening" you replied. "But it's not like we're going to be...you know..having sex?" You furrowed your eyebrows and made a weird face at him. "You have a point but why put it like that?" You laughed nervously. Because I want us to.

"So we can hangout" he replied. You sighed, "we'll see" you said back. You grabbed your stuff for the current period and he followed you there since you both shared that same period. He smirked to himself. I got her now, Meeks.