"What matters is that I'm back now. I can't change the past, but we still have our future."

____________________________

The last few days have been hectic.

Because of my house getting destroyed from the shooting, I've been dealing with the insurance company all week, along with the FBI on the tampering of my fingerprints.

Liam, one of Anthony's good friends, has an in with the FBI and said they would be able to help me out.

I wouldn't want my prints to be checked and have my name come up as Viktor. I couldn't imagine the problems I'd face if that happened, especially because we are twins.

Despite everything else being a mess, Noah and I have been better than ever. We spent the majority of the week at Fox and Julian's, besides Friday, when Noah asked me to come stay with him at his apartment.

With Viktor being gone, I didn't see any problems with it.

Friday evening I bought dinner for us, and we spent the night cuddled up on the couch watching movies.

When Saturday came around, I wasn't able to sleep any longer. It was half past seven when I pushed myself out of bed and went to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee.

I pulled a cigarette from the pack I had on the counter, took my coffee and went to sit on the balcony.

It was bigger then most are, and had different assortments of empty flowerbeds everywhere. There was only one flower pot that had some type of yellow flower in them, but everything else was bare.

I finished my cigarette and decided our plans for the day. I'm going to take Noah to the farmers market this afternoon. We'll get some fresh food and if I remember correctly, they have some booths with gorgeous flowers and plants. I just know he's going to love it.

I went back inside and sat back on the couch with my coffee, turning on the tv.

I scrolled through my phone for a few minutes before something caught my attention.

"Breaking news. In the early hours of Saturday March 18th, a body was discovered in Lake Chabot. The identity of the man is yet to be confirmed, but our sources have led us to believe that the man found was involved in the Russian Mafia. That is all the information we currently have on this matter. Check back with us at SFN for your latest updates."

"Thank you, Casey. Next up, NASA is set to launch later this evening. . ."

I shut off the tv and laid my head on the back of the couch.

He really did it.

Viktor is gone.

I felt so happy I could cry.

He can no longer hurt me, or the people I love. 

Noah's safe, I'm safe, my friends. . . Anya. . .

I left my coffee on the table and quickly went to Noah's room. I should probably let him sleep longer, but I couldn't.

"Noah, wake up baby." I sat on the bed beside him, laying my hand on his arm.