CHAPTER 7 - Problems from the Past.

Start from the beginning

"We just left the café, we will be back any minute now. So, we will chat later, bye."

"Bye" then Felix hung up.

Valerie turned to Sebastian.

"You know, you should give him a chance to explain himself atleast. I am sure he had his reasons." She began.

"Please Valerie, I do not want to fret over problems from the past. And the last thing I want right now is you lecturing me in the middle of the road about something you neither know nor understand. Just get in the car." Sebastian replied, his eyes suddenly filled with fury and vexation.

Valerie's mouth popped open slightly at this remark, nevertheless she maintained her countenance. Julian on the other hand was staring blankly at them.

Valerie got in the car, the two of them followed shortly.

When they parked near Woodshire, Valerie got out of the car and looked up at Sebastian,"Maybe I have no idea about your past, but now I know that it's better to just shut up and ignore a hurting friend than to atleast try and provide solutions for them.

Before Sebastian could say anything, she threw open the unlocked front door and got inside. The marble floor carried the sound of her footsteps upstairs.

☆♤◇♡◇♧☆

Sebastian started back at the raging Valerie.

When he had said those words to her back at the café, he had no control over himself. Infact, he was planning on apologizing when they got back home. But he realised with a jerk that it was too late now.

Julian came up beside him.

"You okay, mate?"

"Yeah"

"Get inside, I will go check on her real quick. Call me when it's time for dinner." Then Julian entered the house, leaving Sebastian to stare at the empty floor.

Finally gathering himself, he got inside and shut the door. The humid climate inside, grasping him.

He sat down on the sofa, exhausted. They had spent a wonderful day, yes. But in the end, Felix just had to ruin everything. Wonderful.

He could never digest the idea of him being just an innocent man with a made up reason for his shit personality.

And now, just because of him, Sebastian was doubting his actions.

And then there was Julian. He did not hate him, but something spiked his cardiac cells, whenever he was closer to Valerie.

What was this, a messed up horror movie?

He groaned and massaged his temples.

He then heard footsteps approaching from upstairs, Ivory Smith Osborne entered the room.

"Are you ever going to have dinner or what?"

"I will have it, I'm just not in the mood"

"Felix is upstairs, he wants to talk to you." She suddenly said and added, "Now."

Oh no, not this again, he had to avoi-

"You can't avoid it this time, it's my order. Go and talk to your brother now." So Sebastian followed her orders.

As soon as, he was upstairs, he heard whispering from the room Valerie was provided with. It sounded like someone was saying calming words to the other. He imagined it to be Julian, and his pulse kicked in again.

But before he could get away from the place, he saw Julian's voice calling him from behind.

"Hey, I have been searching for you downstairs. Listen Valerie said, she needs time."

Just then, Valerie opened the door and came out. Clearly shocked to see both outside her room. Then another figure emerged from the doorway. Felix.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"What is he doing here?" Sebastian asked back.

"Relax brother, I was just chatting with her. I expected to find you two inside too." Felix replied.

"I do not think I am talking to you" Sebastian shot.

"Please just can you two shut up?" Julian asked in a rather loud voice.

They fell silent for a while, then Julian guided Valerie downstairs.

Sebastian was left with his brother facing him. His expression unreadable.

"Mum said, you wanted to talk to me. Whatever it is, make it fast." Sebastian said, breaking the silence.

"I never avoided you all, just so you know, I was just too much caught up in a situation. You can call it what you want, but at the end of it all, it doesn't change the fact that you, my dear brother, misunderstood me."

"I would love to hear your stories, but I doubt I have time for these stuff. So save it Felix Osborne."

"I really want to tell you everything, but I just do not want to disturb the guests." Felix said with an almost apologizing tone and added, "Valerie just wants to look out for you, you see, so do not try to drag her in our commotion."

He then patted his shoulder and left. Surprisingly, Sebastian did not feel opposed to the action, it was almost just as welcoming as it used to be.

Sebastian was instead left to battle with his own feelings. It was all too much - his brother's past, his thoughts on Julian's newly developed character and most importantly - Valerie.

Hell, this year was not going to be easy. And he had to deal with it anyway.

A/N

Hello! I really wanted to share this part.

The next one is going to be a bit interesting, so stay tuned!

Bye!