chapter one: the return

┊┊┊┊ ➶ CASSIE 🛩⌇ 。˚ ✧ ﹐

"Olive, can you pass the strawberries?" Cassie asked as she cut her daughter's pancakes. The teenage girl muttered a small 'mhm' before sliding the bowl of strawberries over to Cassie. The blonde hair girl grabbed three strawberries and cut them in half, putting them on her four year old's pancakes, "Here you go, Kayla."

"Thanks, Mummy," Kayla said before stuffing her face with food.

"So..." Cassie looked at her watch, it's 10:am and she was out of things to do. "Wanna watch a movie Ol?"

Olive didn't look up from her phone as she replied, "Depends, what movie?"

"What movie do you want to watch?"

"Wolf Creek?!"

Cassie chuckled, "No way! Your mother would kill me. What about The Conjuring?"

"Sure," Olive shrugged as she put her phone down.

Cassie grinned as she walked into the kitchen and grabbed out a large bowl, a bag of popcorn, some sweets and chocolates. She opened the fridge, welcoming the chilly air as it hit her pale skin. Cassie grabbed out two cans of Coca Cola and a Pop-top which she got for Kayla just in case.

Cassie realised she had grabbed too much stuff when the popcorn kept slipping out of her grip, "Ol! I need a hand!"

No reply.

Cassie's ears pricked as she heard quiet footsteps approach the kitchen, "Damn, you went all out on the sweets, Aunt Cass!"

She smiled sheepishly, "I know, it'll be our little secret, don't tell your mum."

Olive rolled her eyes playfully before grabbing the popcorn, bowl and bags of sweets, "I call dibs on the Nerds!"

"No fair!"

Olive opened the packet of Nerds and ate a mouthful. Cassie gasped playfully, "How dare you?!" The phone rang which caught the two girls' attention, "I got it."

Cassie walked over to the house phone and grabbed it, "Hello?"

"Mrs Stone?"

"This is Miss Stone speaking, Grace isn't at home at the moment. I can pass on a message though."

"Miss Stone, Montego Air 8-2-8 has landed. Your family are at Stewart Airport. Michaela Stone, Benjamin and Calvin Stone were all present on the plane."

The phone fell out of Cassie's hand, the blonde girl felt her hands began to shake, "O-Ollie!" She yelled, "Olive! Come here!"

"What is it?" She heard the teenage girl ask as she walked into the kitchen, she gasped as she saw Cassie on the verge of tears. "Oh my gosh. What happened are you okay?"

"I'm okay." Cassie smiled, as she hugged Olive, "We're okay. Flight 828- They're alive!"

"What?!

Olive exclaimed, she always knew that her family was alive, that Michaela, her dad and brother had somehow survived despite popular belief. Olive could feel him, her twin, she could feel Cal and that they were still alive. Olive looked at the phone that was on the floor, she picked it up, "They're alive?! Where have they been?"

"I couldn't say Miss"

"Thank you! Thank you!" Olive cried as the person on the other side of the phone hung up. She looked at her Aunt, who was trying to keep herself together but failing miserably, "We need to tell mum!"