Bars Between US {Carl Gallagher}

Start from the beginning

Chapter Two: Lost And Found

The next morning, Paisley was up before anyone else and was making breakfast for the whole Gallagher family. Since Fiona left the household and Lip being in college most of the time, Paisley decided to fully move in with the Gallaghers.

She's eating her breakfast, listening to the radio, when her favorite song suddenly stops playing. "Breaking news. Carl Gallagher, 14 year old, escaped from the isolation cell at prison last night. Please keep an eye out for him and call the cops if you see him." Saying Paisley is shocked, is an understatement. Her jaw was almost on the ground.

She quickly stands up, practically running into Lip's room, not wanting to knock. "Carl escaped last night."

The urgency in Paisley's voice jolts Lip out of his half-asleep state. He sits up, his eyes wide with disbelief. "What? Carl escaped? How's that even possible?" The gravity of the situation immediately hits him, and he springs out of bed, fully awake now.

Paisley nods frantically, her voice filled with worry. "I don't know, Lip. The news just announced it. We need to find him, make sure he's okay. We can't let him face the consequences alone."

Lip grabs his phone from the nightstand, his fingers tapping on the screen rapidly. "I'll call Mickey. He has a secret phone, so he might have some information. If Carl managed to escape, there has to be more to the story."

Paisley paces back and forth, her mind racing with thoughts of Carl on the run. She bites her lip anxiously. "We have to be careful, Lip. We can't let him go into any more trouble. We need to find him and help him."

As Lip talks to Mickey on the phone, Paisley's nerves intensify. She can hear snippets of the conversation, Mickey's voice laced with concern. After what feels like an eternity, Lip ends the call and turns to Paisley, his expression a mix of relief and worry.

"Mickey doesn't know much, but he's as shocked as we are. He's going to try and gather more information from his contacts inside. We need to stay vigilant and be ready to act quickly if we hear anything."

Paisley nods, her determination unwavering. "We can't rely solely on the authorities to handle this, Lip. We know Carl better than anyone. We need to find him, bring him back safely."

Lip grips Paisley's hand tightly, their eyes locking with a shared determination. "We'll find him, Paisley. We won't rest until we do. We're family, and family looks out for each other."

With a renewed sense of purpose, Paisley and Lip embark on a mission to locate Carl. They reach out to their network of friends and acquaintances, spreading the word discreetly while avoiding attracting unwanted attention. Every lead, every piece of information is followed diligently, as they leave no stone unturned in their pursuit.

Days turn into weeks, and the search for Carl becomes a desperate race against time. Paisley's and Lip's determination never wavers, even as doubts creep in and the weight of uncertainty presses upon them. They endure sleepless nights, tireless investigations, and constant worry, driven by their unwavering love for Carl and their unbreakable bond as a family.

Chapter Three: Back

It's been a year and Carl's still missing. Once again, Paisley comes out of the bathroom and goes downstairs, wearing only a shirt from Carl that's way too big for her. She turns around the corner, walking into the kitchen and dropping her phone as soon as she sees Carl in the kitchen with their son in his arms.

Paisley's breath catches in her throat as she freezes, unable to comprehend what her eyes are seeing. Time seems to stand still as she stares at the surreal scene before her. Carl stands in the kitchen, their son cradled in his arms, a mixture of exhaustion and relief etched across his face.