Stay close to me (Jaxmika)

(warning: this is a Jax Taylor x Emika fic. If you don't like the ship, please don't insult it.)

Lights swoosh in my vision as I rush down the streets in Shinjuku district. I shouldn't have come here, it's late, almost midnight. And yet here I am I'm running past closed stores and service fronts.

It was a mistake to follow that encrypted message, but it took me hours to decode. Still, I shouldn't have risked it. Now, I'm being chased down again, except there's no big bounty over my head, nor are they chasing me with guns. I hear the sounds of knives slashing through the air behind me. Doesn't make it less frightening.
I turn right into an alleyway, arching onto some balcony praying that those doofs didn't follow me.

"Jax" I whisper, hoping the earpiece I'm wearing could pick it up somehow through the noise. Even at this hour, the streets cease to quiet.

"Where are you?" Jax heard me, and she's really upset with me right now.
"I don't know, can you find me via GPS?" I ask, I hope she's close enough to get me.
"Well, shit. Your location is unattainable. Guess what princess, you lost it."

I roll my eyes at the nickname. I let her hang with Tremaine too much, and now she's calling me princess too. That aside, she doesn't know where I am... Fucking bul-
"Alright fine. Tell me what you see, Emika, and we'll go from there." Jax cuts into my thoughts and pulls me back on track.

"Well," I start, dropping down to ground level now that I don't hear any huntsmen behind me. "I seem to be in some apartment complex. And the windows are tinted-"
"Yes, peach, there are tons of apartment complexes in Shinjuku. How the hell am I supposed to know which one you're hiding at." Jax interjects, a hint of irritation entering her voice.
"Fine." I spit out, annoyed. I'll just tell her which street I'm on. I'll get back out there.

I turn back onto the street and head toward the closest street sign I see. I tell Jax.

"Alright. I'll be there. In the meantime, do no-"

I don't get to hear the rest as a touch of cold air touches my cheek. And somehow it burns?

Oh. The huntsmen are back, or just never left. They've been waiting for me. And one of them just so happened to have snuck behind me.
I jump back, securing my hood around my head, and turn the other way. I start running
"Change of plans" I shout into the intercom. "I'm being ambushed."
"I know, I see you. Now head to Hotel Z, I'll meet you there."

I run, not bothering to reply, across the street, hoping the drunken crowd would conceal me as I head onto another sidewalk and take another right turn and into the subway.

I don't hesitate. I can still feel the hungry stares behind me, chasing me down. I leap into the track pit and onto the other platform and ignore the shouts of the guards. I enter a train as the door opens, hoping that it heads in the direction Hotel Z is at. Standing in the middle of the train, I look at the map. Yes! I'm headed there. My hand balls into a fist slightly, celebrating my tiny victory. I pull out my phone to text Jax.
"Headed there," I say, and put it away.
Liquid is rolling down my face. I realize my face got slashed. Because it's blood. And it hurts. I wipe it away with my sleeve. Thankfully the bleeding stopped now.

A few stops later I get off, rushing out of the station and onto the sidewalk and turn left. Hotel Z shouldn't be far from here.
I slow my pace, hopefully I shook my attackers off. I message Jax, telling her that I am near our destination.
"Okay, enter the hotel and head to one of the halls for me, there are people behind you, do not turn back. I got you." Jax tells me, her voice tickling my ear. I blush a little.
"Roger," I whisper. In my peripheral vision, I see two people close to my tracks. They're keeping a distance, but there's no mistake they're coming for me. I do as told and enter the hotel. I greet the receptionist and turn left into a hall.