One year later (Pt1)

Me pinned against the couch, hands in his hair. The first time I've experienced the mind link...
    That was exactly a year ago, when the world still didn't know Hideo's intentions and went along with it. I blush at the memory, shifting my body to the side of the bed so now I'm facing the hotel wall and reaching out to grab my phone off the nightstand.
    Hideo is still under house arrest, of course, so we wouldn't be doing anything fancy today.
    After all we've been through, though, I don't blame him. All this effort just to find out that his brother is gone.
    But the project continues, I know that we won't be able to remake Sasuke all human again but, we have to make the best of it.
    I don't exactly know how to cook, I mean, I've been feeding on instant noodles for the vast majority of my life. So I'll do something else today.
    I get dressed in one of my best outfits-- a scarlet suit jacket accompanying a pair of dark jeans. I should be good for today.
    On my way to Hideo's I grab some breakfast for us, then another meal for lunch, I'll get some groceries perhaps, he needs something to do.
    My skateboard's running on its last battery as I skate towards Hideo's neighborhood, elegant houses surrounded by neatly trimmed bushes and trees.
    Around the corner, his residence comes into view, and I veer a right turn.
    The skateboard dies the instant I slow in front of his house. The packages in my hands swing around my wrist, almost spilling its contents as I grasp the bars of the gates, forcing the board to a stop.
    "Whew," I whisper. Two deep breaths to calm down my vigorously beating heart.
    "Hello, I came to see him," I gesture at the house inside in aid of my broken Japanese, in case the guard couldn't understand me.
    "Welcome, Chen-san." one of the guards bows and leads me to the entrance of the estate.
    I return the gesture and follow closely behind him, breathing in the familiar sweet scent of Hideo's front garden.
    Another guard answers the door. "Hello, Chen-san, Tanaka-sama is in the living room."
    I bow again. "Thank you."
    "Hey, didn't expect to see you today, especially this early," Hideo smiles, and continues to complement my outfit. "And this nice outfit you're wearing today."
    I blush, the temperature on my cheeks rise. I return his smile, setting the meals on the coffee table. Hideo offers to help, but I insisted him not to.
    I sit beside him, the sofa's soft material hugging my figure.
    "Have you forgot what today is?" I glance at him, scooting closer and wrapping my arms around him, resting my head on his shoulder, close my eyes, and wait.
    "Hmm, It's not my birthday, yours either, so what day is it?"
    I hum in question. "I don't know, what did we do earlier?" I open my eyes to stare at his jawline, then at the few scars on his knuckles.
    "I don't remember. The only thing I know is that the first game is coming up- wait," Hideo glances down at me. "Wow, Miss Chen, how sneaky are you, exactly?" A secretive smile appears on his face.
    A playful smile touches my lips. Then I sit up straighter and squeeze his neck. "We should eat. The opening ceremony's around the corner and I don't want to miss it." I say, ruffling his hair.
He lowers his gaze and chuckles. "Of course."

We eat in silence at the dinner table, this time I'm sitting across from him and he's playing with my hand.
"Stop, you're going to make me spill my soup." I mutter when he drags my fingers to a side. The table rocks, and the soup rocks with it., The contents inside flowing like ships on a stormy sea.
"Says the one who is drinking her soup from a wide distance away from her bowl. You're gonna spill anyways." He counters.
I glare up at him, narrowing my eyes in annoyance.
He releases my hand and pulls his under the table, and clears his throat. "Sorry."
Glancing down at his meal, he resumes eating.
"You've been very different since you've been imprisoned, more relaxed, perhaps?" I raise an eyebrow, mentioning his carefree stance and less reserved personality.
    He doesn't say anything, just turns his head to look at his garden outside. I follow his gaze and watch droplets of dew drip from leaves.
    After a while he turns back to me. "You should go, The opening ceremony's not going to start itself.
I return his gaze and nod. "Of course."

(Hi hey guys, sorry for forever no update, school was hella busy and I barely got time to write. Also I'm sorry I published this almost two days later than I promised... I forgot to upload here so that's that... again if you have any comments or suggestions please leave them down below! I'm open to any kind outside of nsfw content. Anyhow, see you guys soon! Requested by @Mischief_manged)