Speak, Now (Eric x Ariel)

Request: college au where Ariel is a independent girl who doesn't speak to a lot of people and eric keeps trying to talk to her but vanessa threatens ariel to stay away from eric but then eric and ariel end up together eventually

A\N enjoy! sorry i haven't posted in a while

You wanted to be alone. You were fine with being in your own for quite some time now.

"hi, could i please have—"

but you couldn't escape the handsome man. He has curls and beautiful blue eyes. but he would never notice you, of course he wouldn't.

"miss, you were saying?" the librarian looks at Ariel and she shakes her head. "sorry, I zoned out. I'll take this one please." She points to the book and checks out.

Eric watches her. He's always intrigued by her. Her auburn hair running down her face like a warm blanket. It was all so captivating.

He shifts closer to her as she heads towards the exit, "wait up!" She turns around and goes to face him.

"Hi..?" She was confused. What could he want with her? "Do you need something?" She continues.

He pauses. What does he want to say to her? Why did he pull her over to begin with?

He stutters, "Could you.. maybe help me find a book? I find myself lost.." he lies. He hates books, but he is somehow pulled to spend time with her.

Eric always tried to talk to her, why? She never knew. She was shy and timid, but an explorer on the inside.

"Oh.. um... sure?" She mentally kicks herself. That was awkward. He smiles and nods. "Great, I've been wanting to read some."

They walked around the library and searched, but nothing caught Eric's eyes. Once they reached the history section of maps and oceans, Erics eyes seemed to glimmer.

Ariel notices, "What about these?" She suggests.

"These are good." Eric admits, and sits down by the maps. He opens them, studies them, and Ariel admires him from afar.

Eric noticed her standing awkwardly, and feels like he must say something, "Do you.. want to sit?"

Ariel seems surprised, but then nods. "Yeah, sure."

They sat their for 3 hours studying different maps and charts about the world, and Ariel started to get more vibrant. Eric could tell she also took a liking to these things, and surprisingly so did he.

"I've always loved these." She states.

"Oh, really? I see you come here a lot." He says, pushing a piece of her hair behind him.

Slowly, Vanessa peered around the corner. Her and Eric had had a fling, but she never got over it. He never really did like her.

Eric sighs, "It's getting late, will I.. see you here tomorrow?"

"Yes.." Ariel nods.

"You look.. happier, Ariel." He says, before embracing her in a tight hug.

She couldn't help but hug back. Out of the many times he has tried to talk to her, this felt different.

After Eric left, Vanessa rushed towards Ariel in anger. "Hello, Red"

Ariel turns around in shock, "Vanessa, hey.."

"Don't act so happy, Red." Vanessa was intent on angering Ariel.

"Do you, need something?"

"Stay away from Eric, or else I will literally make sure your family feels the consequences."

Ariel jittered a little. "Vanessa—"

"Your a ugly bitch, okay?" Vanessa throws shots at Ariel and then walks away.

The next couple of days, Ariel stayed away from Eric. He was so confused and Vanessa kept trying to hit on him but he ignored her. He knew Vanessa must of done something because Ariel kept looking at Vanessa. He had to find out what had happened.

He walked over to where Ariel was sitting. "Ariel?"

She reluctantly replies, "Yes, Eric?.."

"Why did you stop talking to me? Did I do something? Did Vanessa?"

Ariel sighs, "She said she would ruin my family—"

"Oh my God, Ariel, she says that to everyone who talks to me! She has never actually done it when I talk to other girls, though."

"Really?" Ariel says.

"Yes, Ariel, I love you. I have loved you this whole year when I would come up to you and talk to you. Your so interesting and wanna learn more about the ocean like me. Please give me a chance."

"I.. I love you too!" Ariel says and Eric leans in and they kiss.