The letter

"What's this" North asked his heart sank as he received the scroll that had just arrived at the doorstep. He could immediately tell that it carried some grave news, and his suspicions were confirmed as soon as he broke the seal and started reading the contents The message informed him that Queen Glacier, the beloved ruler of their kingdom, had fallen seriously ill and was not expected to recover. The doctors had done everything in their power, but her condition had only worsened with time, and it seemed that it was only a matter of days before she breathed her last North couldn't believe the news. Queen Glacier had always been a strong and resilient leader, and the thought of losing her was devastating. He knew that her passing would leave a huge void in their kingdom, and it would take a long time for them to recover from the loss As he read on, the gravity of the situation became clearer. The scroll informed him that the queen had not named an heir, and there was no clear succession plan in place. This meant that there was a high chance of chaos and turmoil in the kingdom as various factions fought for power and control North knew that he had to act fast. He was one of the few trusted advisors that the queen had, and he knew that it was up to him to ensure that the kingdom stayed together in this difficult time. He started making plans, calling meetings with other key figures in the kingdom, and doing everything in his power to ensure a smooth transition of power As he worked tirelessly, North couldn't help but think back to the day he received the scroll with the terrible news. It was a day that he would never forget, a day that had changed the course of history for their kingdom forever "Hey Ruby, did you hear the news?" North asked "What news?" Ruby asked "Snowfall is now our queen" North said "What? When did that happen?" Ruby asked "Yesterday. The elders gathered and decided that Snowfall would make a great leader for our community" North explained "Ruby: Wow, I didn't see that coming. But I guess Snowfall is the worse choice" Ruby said then it fell silent.