Chapter 13

An hour has passed since Zac finished his second glass of Hennessy. He decided to go upstairs and check on Fatima. He didn't know which form of ointment that she was going to want to use, so he brought two different kinds. He brought a coco butter stick, so that her skin will heal without any possible scars. When he made it to the bathroom inside of his bedroom, Fatima was just now stepping out of the shower. When she finished soaking in the bathtub, she hopped in the shower to finish off her nightly routine. She has a tear stained face with puffy and red, blood shot eyes. Zac grabbed her bath towel wrapping it around her body. He picked her up and sat her down on the center line of the double sink vanity; in his bathroom.

He didn't know if Fatima was furious and irate with him or the situation. He was raging with anger himself, because he didn't expect the situation to get as far as it did. He also felt as if he had one job, and that was to protect Fatima. Feeling that he has failed as a man to protect her from harm, made him question his ability to call Fatima his. After setting Fatima on the sink, he went and retrieved the bag of medical supplies he had got from the drugstore. Returning from the living room with the bag and cotton balls, he stood in front of a flushed Fatima.

She sat quietly as she heard the sounds of the water gushing from the stream of the faucet. Zac gathered Fatima's makeup wipes, cotton pads, and micellar water. He gently began to remove her light soft beat that she applied earlier on in the day. When he was finished, he used her favorite kind of face wash, washing her face. Leaving her in a bare face state, he applied her moisturizers. After completing her full facial care routine, he opened up the bag from the drugstore. Holding out the two different options of ointment to Fatima, she chose the Neosporin as they both remained silent. Applying the ointment to her face, Zac whispered out into the silence of the room "I'm sorry".

Fatima : It's okay, it's not your fault. Are you upset? (she spoke softly to him, feeling his energy as he stood in her presence)

Zac : I'm upset with myself. I shouldn't have never allowed the situation to get as far as it did. I wish I would have did more, even though you tackled that girl like you were a wildebeest. You also backhanded my ass in the process.

Fatima : (softly chuckles) I haven't blacked out like that in years. I think what pissed me off the most was how she disrespected me. I would never fight any bitch over a nigga, but she just had too much mouth on her. Sometimes bitches need to learn how to be humbled, and know their places. So I had to humble her ass. I'm sorry for backhanding you baby.

Zac : -closing back the Neosporin tube- It's okay Ti, I'm sorry for not doing enough. I feel like I put you in this situation. I don't want my past to affect our present. We got so much going for ourselves baby, and I don't want people affecting our future either. I need you to at least try to control your anger. Cute Fruit, you haven't had a fight like that since high school.

Fatima : I'm trying. I'm trying really hard not to go back to the old Fatima. I said I was giving up fighting after I had got pregnant with Italy. I guess that was a lie, cause my baby is almost a month and a half away from being one, and I already done fucked somebody up. She's a nobody to me, but I will always fight for my respect. I will try to keep my composure next time. I was doing so good though.

Zac : I know you were, but this Fatima I seen today scared my ass. You probably killed that girl Ti. I know this shit is about to be everywhere. The motherfucking paparazzi was every where out there.

Fatima : I'm sorry okay. I'm not trying to ruin your image. If being with me is something that you don't want to do, then I understand. But, I'm not changing for nobody. I don't change for nigga's or other people. If that's not something that you can accept, then I really don't know Zac.