Cody

Cody

I saw the nervous look on her face, and I smile softly to reassure her that it's nothing bad. But deep down I feel so nervous. Teaching doesn't make me this nervous. My first day at this school didn't make me nervous, but this girl can make me so nervous. I don't want to say something wrong and screw everything up. I kiss her cheek and she searches my eyes for some sort of sign. I take a deep breath.

"Kaitlyn.. I..."

"Daddy?"

I look down at my son, "Yeah kiddo?"

"Can we go home? I'm cold.."

"In a minute. Here."

I shrug off my jacket and cover him up with it. He rolls into a ball and falls asleep again. I see Kaitlyn looking down at him, running her fingers through his hair. I lift her chin gently and she looks up at me. I smile at her.

"Kaitlyn.. We've been together for a long time, right?"'

She nods and smiles, "11 months is a long time.."

I smile at her, "Yeah it is.. At the beginning of the year.. I didn't expect this. I didn't expect to fall for my student. Even my mom called it before I did. What I'm trying to say... is..."

I open my mouth and my nerves take over for a moment, and nothing comes out. She tilts her head in confusion at me. God damn, this girl takes my breath away. Alright, I gotta just get it out. I need to just come clean about this. C'mon Cody you can do this! Just spit it out! You can do it! I take another deep breath.

"Kaitlyn, I love you. I'm.. deeply.. and utterly in love with you. Crazy about you."

She smiles at me and leans over and hugs me. She whispers in my ear,

"I love you too, Cody."

I let out a sigh of relief and she smiles a little,

"Honestly? I've been waiting for you to say it first. I didn't wanna be the only one to feel that way"

I chuckle and kiss her temple, "I've loved you since the 2nd month."

She smiles and looks into me eyes, "I've loved you since then too."

We smile and gaze into each others eyes until she broke eye contact because she looked down at Jake who was shivering and rolling around. I stand up, and so does she. She picks Jacob up and I replace the jacket back over his sleeping body. My perfect family is right here. And it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

an hour later, we're tucking Jake into his bed, and kissing him goodnight. He stirs in his sleep, and Kaitlyn runs her fingers through his hair, comforting him. I smile as she hums to him quietly and he quickly relaxes and falls into a deep peaceful sleep. We walk out and head to our room, We get ready for bed, and climb into bed. I pull her close and smile and whisper in her ear,

"Goodnight beautiful, I love you."

She smiles, "Goodnight handsome, I love you too."

With that, we fall asleep.

I look around for her everywhere, without trying to disrupt my sons sleep. My head whipping everywhere, whisper yelling her name. But she doesn't come out. She doesn't answer. She's gone. She up and left while we slept. She left me and her son behind. Who the fuck could do that. How can I raise a kid by myself? I don't even know where to begin. I have to find her. I have to bring her back. She needs to help me with this.

I'm holding Jacob in my arms, outside at the park. I had contacted Danielle and she told me to meet her at the park, with Jacob. I look around. I've been here for 20 minutes. And yes. She's 20 minutes late. If she stood me up, I swear I'm going to strangle that woman. I thought she would be happy to have a family. I sure as hell wasn't going anywhere. Jacob is mine, and I don't ever wanna lose him.

When she doesn't show up, we head home. When I go upstairs I see the drawers all open. Either we were robbed or I was lied too and Danielle came to pack her stuff up and leave. I look through the drawers and find all of Danielle's clothes and accessories gone. My heart breaks. She's actually gone for good.. I cannot believe she left us alone.. I don't know how to raise him on my own.. I call my mom, and a few minutes later, she walks in. She walks up to where I'm sitting on the edge of my bed, with Jacob sitting on my lap, tears streaming down my face and a confused baby boy looking around, and talking a bit. She sits beside me and whispers,

"So, shes really gone?"

I nod, and look down. "Yeah.. She's gone.. She told me to meet her at the park so she can say goodbye to us.. and while I was standing there with Jacob in my arms like an idiot.. she was here... getting all her stuff. Mom, I don't know how to raise a kid on my own..."

She looks over at Jacob and takes him, and holds him to her.

"Sweetie, your father and I are gonna help you through this. And so will your brother. You're brother loves being an uncle. You're family is here for you. And one day you will meet someone who will be the mother that Jacob needs. It just may take time. You're 19."

I nod. "Thanks mom."

We look down at a sleeping Jacob.

I feel someone shaking me, and I open my eyes.

"Baby, are you okay?"

I just nod and sit up. I rub my eyes and look over.

"Sorry if I woke you up."

"It's alright, sweetie. I was having a strange dream."

She kisses my cheek and then we lay back.

Sooner or later I will tell her about what happened... Just not yet. 

_______________________________________________________________

I wanted to show you guys a bit of what happened in Cody's past. I hope you guys like it. :)

The next update will be soon! Hopefully also tomorrow after the book sale! :)

Thanks for reading!

Cae.