𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗: 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

She paused at his attempt to use slang.

He smiled, "come on, there's more on the inside... and heat."

With his security pass, they entered and immediately she was met with a gigantic open space, a lounge and reception area. She followed her uncle to the elevators where they rode to the twenty fifth floor. She felt like she was in a spy movie and was loving every second.

"This is the intern space, and the tech floor," Bourne explained. He lit up when the little elevator chime rang and the doors opened.

Although the floor was packed with desks, computers and weird technological equipment she didn't understand, she was seemingly impressed that it was her uncle that initially established this company.

"Is this your niece?" A tall woman dressed in formal business wear stood to greet them. Her hair was pulled back into a low bun. Not a wrinkle was to be found on her finely pressed button up and not a single piece of hair was out of place.

Bourne smiled. "Luna, this is Darla, one of the heads of the agency and the greatest assistant on earth."

"It's very nice to meet you," she reached out for a handshake. She kept staring and didn't seem to care. What he failed to mention in his description of her was the advancing work relationship that had started officially after her uncle had stepped down.

Luna wasn't able to get much knowledge of their hushed relationship, but she made it her internal mission to figure it out. She couldn't get over how cute they would look together if they were together in a more public manor.

"What's going on?" The mood quickly changed when Darla gave Bourne a rundown of everything going on.

Luna zoned out of listening to the conversation while being distracted with the noise going on in the background. She decided to slowly make her way over to figure out what exactly they were doing.

"This doesn't even make sense," the one guy with glasses that was sitting down at the desk seemed frustrated, "it's already been twenty-four hours and I'm nowhere."

"Relax," the guy that stood over him with his arms folded over his chest said, "this isn't even real."

"What even is this?" Another guy entered, but only the guy standing seemed to be very happy to see him there.

Luna was a few desks in front, trying to not seem to obvious she was eavesdropping. She picked up someone's abandoned snowglobe as though she was 'observing it.'

"Jacob!" The happy guy exclaimed, "where have ya been, brother?"

The man named Jacob appeared a little distressed, although he performed a smile, his hands were shoved down his pockets as if a sign of discomfort.

The guy sitting down began yelling at his blank page again, which startled Luna, letting the snowglobe drop to the ground in a big crash against the hard floors.

She paused, her face squirmed at the notice of the liquid spilling everywhere. She noticed the three boys looking at her confused, she gave a nervous chuckle and dropped quickly to try to clean up the glass.

This is absolutely perfect, she thought.

"Hey, are you alright?" The happy guy seemed to rush over and leaned over the other side of the desk.

"Yeah, but whoever's snowglobe this is is not going to be happy," she stood up from her crouched position and faced the boy up close.

"Ah, don't worry about it," he smirked, pausing to take a look at her, "hey are you new here?"

Uncle Bourne came around at that time and stared at the crime scene of the murdered snowglobe, then looked back at the two. "Should I ask?"

Luna laughed that nervous laugh again.

He shook his head, Darla mentioned something about going to get the janitor.

"Well, have you met all of them yet?" Bourne looked at her.

"I was just about too," she looked back at the boy staring at both of them.

"Uh, right, I'm Blake," he stretched out his arm and she shook it. "That's Jacob over there," the boy smiled politely, "and the one too busy to have spatial awareness is Nathan."

She nodded, happy to meet people her age finally.

"Well, I have to get going, something came up," Bourne turned to her, "it's your call if you want to get back to the apartment-"

"Actually, I think it'd be cool if I explored more around here," she turned towards Blake, "if you're not too busy."

"Uh these guys actually have work to do-" Bourne pointed.

"Oh please, I can take a little break, plus Jacob wants a tour too," Blake put his hands on his hips.

Luna smiled at the generosity, she was actually excited to see more that goes on within the walls of the agency.

A/N

It's been too long so I gave you a longer chapter.
Summertime is my time to get writing!!!
(let's hope we can develop more of a plot these next couple of months haha)