"Why did you tell me you like me?" Paris stood angrily. "Why did you do it? To mess up with my head? Because, if so, congrats! You did a perfect job." She was basically screaming, throwing her pebbles in the water. "I can't stop thinking about you, Rory! God! I hate it! I hate it so much."

Rory forgot about the 26 letters and their sounds. So did the whole room. Everybody heard every single word. Silence creeped in and Paris flew away with embarrassment and fear and surrender as her wings. She was flying to the bathroom, to hide away.

"I didn't know Paris was a lesbian. She doesn't look like it, but I guess it makes sense."  Madeline's date commented

"That girl is man repellent. That's why she'll rot in hell with the freaks." Louise's date added. The other one agreed. 

Madeline and Louise dropped the arms they were once holding. They were disgusted. 

"Where are you going?" One of them asked.

"To hell, apparently." Louise spoke without looking back.

"What the-" The other one started.

"Better keep that mouth shut, Justin." Madeline spoke and looked back with deep disappointment, not just at them but also at herself for wasting her time. 

Louise and Madeline were walking extremely fast into the direction of the bathroom. They passed through Rory's table and Rory stood up:

"Wait." The duo turned around. "I'll go."

When Rory entered the bathroom, she did not expect to hear a loud cry, a cry that begged to stop, a cry that was sick of itself, coming from the only occupied stall.  

"Paris." More pleadings words. 

"Go away."

Rory's heart was beginning to break, to create cracks, the type of cracks that mysteriously appear in the walls after a small earthquake.

"Paris, please. Can we talk?"

"No, because I made a fool of myself out there and I don't want to make a fool of myself in here." The crying softened. Rory tried to open the stall. "Rory, please stop. I can't face you right now. It aches to much. I'm not ready. I'm not ready for your rejection." 

"Why would I reject you when I already told I like you?" For the first time ever, Paris didn't know the answer. "I like you, Paris." The Gilmore girl looked at the locked door with hope, as if she had x-ray vision and could see through it, as if she could see Paris. "I think that's an euphemism. I don't just like you. I feel an immensity of frightening beautiful emotions at the simple thought of your existence."

The door opened. Rory didn't need x-ray vision anymore. She could see Paris clearly, crystal clear. Paris' mascara was smudged but gracefully. Even drowned in sadness she was divine. At least that's what Rory thought. 

"You really like me?" Rory nodded. Paris looked down. "I-" Paris looked up. "I like you too."

They stood awkwardly close. They looked at each other with a love they didn't need to cover, to mask, to hide anymore.

"So... what happens now?" Rory asked.

"I don't know." Paris was as lost as the one she was mesmerized by. "Can I kiss you?" Rory nodded.

Paris kissed Rory with her whole body trembling. They were both softly shaking from the nerves. A small earthquake. However, when their bodies shared that moment of affection and intimate touch, there was no more trembling, no more shaking, just deep devotion. 

"You're so pretty." Rory stopped the kiss to make Paris blush even more.

"I don't think I've ever felt pretty before."