"Rory and Emma are the ones getting attached?"

"Yes. And I've decided that it's over. It's useless to keep going if it's going to end."

"How do you know it's going to end?"

"I just do."

"Cha-cha-cha."

"Stop, Sookie."

"Cha-cha-cha."

"Sookie."

"Cha-cha-cha."

"What do you know about relationships? You haven't been in one for years." That hurt. Sookie's silence made it worse. "I'm sorry. Oh my God, I'm sorry. Zero to jackass in 3.2 seconds."

"That's alright."

"No, it's not. It is never ever ever alright for me to speak to you like that. I am so sorry."

Sookie sighed.

"Okay. Just promise me you won't make a ballroom out of something good."

Before Lorelai could lie or say the truth, Emma and Rory arrived at home like a youthful hurricane.

"Mom!" The twins called in unison.

"Yes, my dear children."

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" Rory asked, leaving her backpack on the hallway.

"What is tomorrow?"

"Parent's day." Emma's words sent a shiver down Lorelai's spine. Sookie sipped her coffee and crossed her legs.

✯✯✯

The three Gilmore Girls were at Chilton for the second time in months. Lorelai carried a book in her hand: 'Swann's Way' by Proust. Max lent it to her a few weeks prior, a few weeks before decided it was time to end it all. Her goal was to give it back, even though she only read exactly one phrase, and to break up with him.

It didn't go as planned.

As Lorelai tried to give the book back and to end her relationship, Max wouldn't accept either, in a similar way that Tristan did in the beginning of Emma's flight. There is just one difference. When Emma and Tristan broke up, he walked away in the surrender of Emma's fears. When Lorelai tried to break up with Max, he kissed her, he kissed her passionately, because he knew that the only problem of their relationship was in her mind.

Max risked it all. Lorelai gave in. They were kissing in a classroom at Chilton. An empty classroom, but not an empty hallway. Paris walked that hallway, she saw their expression of love and, in less than 20 minutes, the whole school knew.

Emma and Rory were in the canteen having their lunch when a cheerful Paris approached them. It was peculiar.

"Have you heard?" Paris had a mocking tone to her voice.

"Heard what?" Rory put her book down.

"About the mom that was seen kissing Mr. Medina just now?" The twins were left speechless. "How's the salad?"

And Paris walked away with a grin on her face.

Emma had the weird wish that Tristan would also come up to her and make fun of the situation. She missed the banter. But she ended things. It's all my fault.

Lorelai walked through the cafeteria looking for her daughters. Her shirt was wrinkled and her hair was a little messy. She walked by the table where Tristan was sitting and she couldn't not look at him and wonder: Is he okay? He doesn't look like it.