Us. The 'Us' was perfectly used.
Christopher didn't just hurt Lorelai with his inconsistent love, he also hurt Emma and Rory. Innumerous times. That was the only consistent thing about him: the trail of pain.

"Find something to wear tonight. We are having dinner with my parents." Lorelai informed him as she left the room.

✯✯✯

It was Wednesday but, because Christopher was there, they were in Hartford, waiting for the maid of the week to open the door.

Emily and Richard were pleasant. Christopher tried his best to be it too. The girls were grumpy, full of resentment.

"What is going on with you three?" Emily finally asked.

"Nothing, grandma." Rory answered.

"Actually." Emma started. "We're all upset because a certain human being thinks he can come and go out of our lives with empty hands and an empty heart."

"An empty heart?" Christopher protested. His cutlery not so softly throwed on the table.

"Yes!"

"Did you put this idea into her head?" He inquired Lorelai unfairly.

"She's smart and grown enough to arrive to her own conclusions."

"Don't lie to me, Lor. She's just 15."

Even the grandparents felt the dagger.

"She's 16. Your daughters are 16." Richard corrected him.

"Yes, of course. My mistake." Notice how he didn't apologize...

"Just another one." Rory commented bitterly. She couldn't stop herself from reminiscing on every single of his mistakes.

"Is everybody against me tonight? Do all of you share the same vendetta?" No one answered. Christopher stood up. "I'm leaving."

"That's an unexpected turn of events." Lorelai's irony was obvious.

He stopped walking.

"Don't say what you're thinking, Christopher. It's better for everyone if you keep your mouth shut." Emily spoke, surprisingly.

He disappeared.

It doesn't matter when, he always does it. It could've been tomorrow morning or in a week, if Lorelai had fallen for his false promises.

I want to tell you a story, a memory that lives rent free in the minds of the twins.

It was the Summer of 99'. Emma and Rory were carrying their suitcases out of the airport of Los Angeles, because their father didn't come to pick them up. At that point, they weren't that worried. They were still childishly excited. This trip had been planned for years now. They were going to visit their father in California.

The taxi stopped at Christopher's door. They rang the bell 13 times before a man in a stained wife-beater opened the door.

"Who are you?"

"We're Christopher Hayden's daughters. We were told he lives here." Rory spoke timidly.

"He has daughters?" The man asked to himself in a whisper without thinking that the girls would hear. "Hayden. You have guests!"

And, through the scream, their father appeared at the door.

"Hi, girls. What are you doing here?" He sounded drunk.

"We came to visit."

He didn't say a thing.

"You were suppose to pick us up at the airport."