Neteyam made sure to keep his head down, apologize, and nod his head when Jake went over the responsibilities that he has as the older brother.

How Neteyam cannot afford to sneak off and leave his siblings to fend or take care of themselves. He was supposed the be the perfect child, the one who followed all the rules and set everyone into place, his Father would not expect, or allow, anything but that from him.

Still, as he made to step out once again, he couldn't help but look back at his parents resting peacefully. They had done and sacrificed so much for their families safety and well being, they do not deserve to be having all their children acting out.

All the same, Neteyam has always respected and followed the rules. Always kept his mouth shut despite having his tongue wanting to lash out. Always nodded his head when he wanted to yell in contradiction.

Always agreed while his own opinion stayed locked in his head, never to be spoken. He understands they had no choice, but nevertheless he was ripped from the home he cared for, grew up in, and loved.

Neteyam was simply adjusting and making his new life on the island a bit more... interesting. Besides, there was no possible way he'd ever back out now.

He exhaled softly as he took off into the darkness, off down a path he was sure to regret.

**__~~__**

Neteyam arrived just as the sun bloomed on the horizon, golden beams stretching ever outwards into the rich blue waters of the ocean, and into the islands greenery.

Pandora was still wet from the storm that took place throughout the night, which meant water droplets shone like speckles of small diamonds scattered all across the island.

He inhaled deeply while admiring the calm and vibrating world around him, yet there was still a small part of him that imagined his home at this time.

The forest itself illuminated as the rays of sun light peeked through the tall trees, tetrapteron taking flight in the sky, hexapedes gliding through the foggy land as they dine upon the vegetation, and him enjoying it all riding atop his mountain banshee.

Neteyam quickly threw those thoughts away, those days were over. As long as the RDA continues hunting them, there was no going back. That's something he knows and needs to accept.

Besides, he has the island to enjoy and explore.

When he had proceeded closer to her hut, a shadow slithered behind him.

Neteyam turned and put a hand on his hunting knife, keeping his breath low to allow his senses to catch on any necessary scents or movements. A branch cracked behind him and he was in full defense mode.

That's when he heard the loud snap of a bow in what once was a peaceful silence of the sunrise, and threw himself to the ground blindly. Neteyam made the right choice as an arrow flew past him.

"Wiya." Vareya groaned as she came out from hiding, a bow in hand as she sneered at him. Neteyam could only stand in shock, throwing his hands up in confusion.

She merely shrugged a shoulder, " It was worth a shot."

His nostrils flared a little, " Worth a shot? Worth a shot of what?!"

Vareya stared at him blankly, " Killing you of course. If it was meant to be it would've struck you, but it's your lucky day I suppose. Let's see how lucky you'll be next time."

" There won't be a next time, we're supposed to be partners!"

She smirked at him innocently, " Of course, it would be like a fun game just between us, partner."