manicure

a/n Jake and Jane are 9, Aeyoung is 8, Millie is 7

Jake's POV

"Shit!" I automatically cursed when my eyes fell on three girls in front of me, ignoring the glare that my twin gave me when she heard my curse. "What are you girls doing here?" I even double checked the door I was opening, making sure that I was coming into my twin's room and not being transported to either South Korea or the US.

"Well, if you paid attention to what mom's been telling you last week, then you'd know that this week, these girls will be spending their holiday with us," Jane kindly answered me, even though she still shot daggers at me. "And since mom can't ask for a leave at the last minute and dad suddenly has an emergency at the office, they'll be spending their day here, in our house."

I scoffed, "What kind of emergency that dad could have other than putting out some baseless rumors?" If anyone should have an emergency, then it should've been my mother, and not my father. After all, he was an entertainer, while my mom was a genuine surgeon.

"I don't know," Jane shrugged nonchalantly. "Doesn't matter. All that matters is, we, both of us," she pointed to herself and me, "have to play host for the day."

"Really?" I groaned loudly. I didn't need to hide my hatred toward this arrangement. "Where are their parents anyway?"

"Both have scheduled an appointment at the spa, so they can't be bothered," Jane deadpanned. "Now, what were you about to say earlier?"

I huffed, "Forget about it." I slammed the door shut and stomped back into my room. This was definitely not in my plan when I got home five minutes ago.

I totally forgot about the infamous annual family holiday that my father started years ago. He insisted on this tradition of visiting each other's hometown during holiday so everyone could stay close as a big family. GOT7 family. Even though everyone had their own family now, he argued that their kids should familiarize themselves with each other, thus the idea of this family holiday. Every year, one family acted as a host and this year, it was our family's turn to be the host. But, since I innocently kissed Milli, an innocent goodnight kiss that Uncle Mark exaggerated years ago, I decided not to join the holiday. I tried to avoid it as much as I could. To avoid their bullying and to avoid Uncle Mark's unnecessary suspicion. Yeah sure I would still go with my family to our destination, but once we were there, I would go on my own. Or spent the time by myself and limited my interaction with Milli as much as I could. Since last year, my father couldn't force me to join anymore but since this year we were the host, I didn't have much choice. But I didn't expect them to show up at my house either. I thought they were going to some amusement park or at least the Disneyland in Shanghai. I thought that was their original plan. But again, I didn't pay attention, so I might be wrong.

"But dad... I have this basketball practice," I practically whined when I called my father to complain about the situation. Apparently, he couldn't make it until dinner so I had to help Jane with dinner.

"It's just a practice. Missing one won't make you lose much. You can double your practice next time to catch up," my father easily said over the phone and I groaned. He, among other people in the family, should know how important it was not to miss any practice. Especially when I was still a beginner. I had to work twice as hard to earn my spot in the regular team. Which I still haven't. So missing a practice wasn't really an option here.

"Look, your coach might give you hell for missing the practice once. But if you come back stronger, then he won't have anything to say about it," my father confidently said. "I know it so don't worry."

When I said nothing and just gritted my teeth, my father spoke again, "I'll ask Mark to be your sparring partner tomorrow. You know, he's good at basketball so he'll be a good opponent for you."