fall

a/n in this story, Jane is 5 while Jihoon is 15

Your POV

"Come on Jane! Hurry up!" Jake rushed Jane, bouncing on his feet as he waited for his twins to put on her shoes. Today they were flying to Korea again for their summer holiday. Jane was not that excited at that prospect, considering how hot and humid it would be in Korea during summer. Not to mention the occasional rain that might ruin their plans and soaked their clothes. Jane hated being wet while Jake loved it. He loved splashing around, kicking every puddle that he could find, sending water droplets everywhere. Anyway, Jackson insisted that you should take a break. Plus, it was the kids' school holiday so all of you should have a family time together. Like any other normal family out there.

Long story short, Jackson wasn't able to coax anybody else to join this time. Except for Jihoon. Well, actually Jaebeom was going to join with his family, but at the last minute, he bailed because it was near Elle's due date so he didn't want to risk it by going on holiday on a whim. But, Jihoon was on holiday too so Jaebeom didn't want him to be cooped up in the house, tending her mother all the time. He was a teenager so he needed to be out of the house, enjoying his holiday like all his friends. So, Jaebeom persuaded Jihoon to go with your family. Though the twins were much younger than him, at least he got some chance to go outside, perhaps the amusement park as the twins loved amusement parks. He really needed some time to let loose after studying hard for a year.

This afternoon, Jaebeom and Jihoon were on their way to the airport to pick you up. After that, they would drop you at the hotel so you could get some rest. Tomorrow, Jackson's team would pick you up at the hotel before heading to the amusement park with Jihoon and the twins. You hesitated at first when Jaebeom told Jackson about Jihoon joining all of you, but Jihoon didn't seem to mind when he picked you up from the airport yesterday. Maybe because he had met the twins several times already so he didn't mind spending his holiday with them.

"Are you sure you're okay about going to the amusement park with them?" you asked Jihoon one more time to be sure. After all, he was a teenager. He should be with friends his age, and not kids 10 years younger than him. He looked like he was babysitting them rather than holidaying.

"It's okay," Jihoon smiled, assuring you. "They're alright. Plus, I need practice before my baby brother comes."

"Ahhh..," you nodded in understanding. Everyone agreed that Elle noona was very lucky. The boy that she took under her wing and treated like her own son, didn't change at all after she told him the truth. He even got excited when he knew he was about to get a baby brother.

"Alright," you huffed. "If you say so. Don't tell me that I didn't warn you," you added at the end and he hesitated a bit. The last time he met the twins was when they were around two or three years old. The twins had grown up since then and not to mention that they became a bit naughty. Jake, especially. He started to test your patience day by day and his resemblance to Jackson was uncanny that Jackson started to regret putting his own mother in misery while raising him up.

"Yayyy!! We're finally here!" Jake exclaimed after countlessly asking the driver how much longer it would take to reach the amusement park. Jihoon and Jane also looked relieved, happy that they didn't need to hear Jake's whining anymore.

You stretched for a little bit after being cramped inside the car and you saw Jake was about to bolt away. "Wait!" you shouted but it was a bit late. Jake had already charged toward the entrance of the park, leaving everyone behind. You glared at Jackson and tilted your head toward the direction where Jake was running, silently ordering him to run after his boy.

"Ugh," Jackson groaned. "I'm too old for this." He rubbed his back and was about to run after Jake when Jihoon stopped him.

"I'll run after him, uncle," he offered.