holiday pt.2

Your POV

After Jackson left both of you, you two looked at each other before bracing yourself to tackle the day. 3 kids vs 2 adults.. not a good start.. You made sure the kids had their hats on and already put on sunscreen on their exposed skin.

"Auntie Mae.. what are we waiting for?," Jake tugged your sleeve and whined.

"Hey.. Today is Saturday, so you're supposed to speak in Korean now!" Jane scolded him.

"Wait, what?" Mark's eyebrows raised to his hairline.

"We alternate languages in a week," Jane explained. "Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are for Chinese, Tuesday and Thursday for English, and Saturday Sunday for Korean," she continued. "And today is Saturday, so he's supposed to speak Korean, not English." Your jaw dropped at her explanation. Geez.. you never thought Jackson could be that ambitious in training his kids to be multilingual from such an early age.

"But Auntie Mae can't possibly speak Korean.. Mom said she's Australian," Jake argued.

Both of you looked at each other and burst out in laughter seconds later. "Thankfully dear, Auntie Mae here can speak Korean," Mark announced and both twins looked surprised.

"Seriously?" Jake questioned in Korean.

"Seriously," you answered back in Korean and it was their turn to look at each other in surprise.

"Mommy, I don't understand what you were saying," you felt a tug on your other sleeve and it was your daughter asking. "Can you please say it in English?"

"Sorry guys.. Can we switch the day for Korean into English?" you dropped on your knees to become eye-level with the twins and they looked at each other, unsure about what to say. "I can tell your parents about it about the switch?" you added and the twins agreed at last.

"Thank you guys," Mark chimed in and Jane still seemed reluctant with the switch while Jake happily accepted it.

"Be nice Janey.. Little Milli can't speak Korean. Plus we're in Disneyland. It's the happiest place on earth, so we should make Little Milli happy as well. Talking in Korean will make her confused and not enjoy anything today," Jake scolded Jane and you two looked at them, trying to hold your laugh.

"Oh Jake, that's so sweet of you," you praised Jake who blushed slightly. "Okay then, let's start your adventure today!" you held your daughter's hand, pulling her toward the park entry and let the magic do its work. Since the kids were mostly still under the height requirement, they could only play on several rides. The options were limited so Jane felt bored already. She opted for early lunch but Milli wanted to ride "It's a small world" again. You eyed Mark warily as Jane looked as if she was on the verge of breaking down.

"Okay, why don't you bring Jane to get some lunch while I bring them there again?" Mark offered and you agreed. After thirty minutes, you were finished with lunch but Jane still wanted to sit around and waited for her twins and Milli. You agreed and soon Mark came with the other two. After getting lunch for both of them, they sat down and ate their lunch. As Mark ate his lunch, he told how it went at the ride.

"You know.. Milli isn't supposed to ride by herself, so I was about to ride with her," Mark started his story. "But then, Jake offered to accompany her, saying that he's a big boy and he can take care of Milly."

You awed at Jake's sweetness while Jake blushed again. "And then?"

"So I rode at the back and he really took care of Milli. He held her hand and helped her go into the ride and kept holding her hand to make sure Milli stays inside the ride," Mark kept on going and Jake turned into tomato when you patted his shoulder, praising him for being such a big and kind boy. When they finished lunch, you stood up and offered the girls, "Now, who wants to get dolled up?" Both girls looked excited as you took them to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique while Mark took Jake to ride Dumbo since the girls refused to ride it earlier. It took quite some time for the girls to get dolled up, and by the time they were finished, there was a parade going on, so everyone rushed to the side line to watch the parade. The kids were watching the parade in awe and they danced to the song happily as well. Especially when the princesses showed up, the girls were waving excitedly at them. After the parade, you took them to buy some popcorn and some snacks while waiting for the fireworks. While you were waiting, Jackson and Ellie appeared, looking a bit flushed and happy.

"Okay... Judging by your looks," Mark pointed to the big grin on Jackson's face. "You get what you plan to do." And Jackson didn't reply, but the blush on Ellie's face was enough to prove that Mark was right. Jackson tried to hug Mark but he dodged it, "No no no.. you're not putting your hand around me.. God knows what it touched before."

You tried to cover your laugh as you finally understood what Mark was trying to say while Ellie's face turned red. Mark couldn't say it out loud because there were kids around. "Okay enough.. Stop teasing them," you reprimanded Mark. "Let's wait for the fireworks."

"Thank you," Jackson bowed at you and then Mark repeated the same story to Jackson and Ellie, praising them for raising their son for being such a gentleman. Jackson patted his chest proudly while Mark pointed that it must've been because of Ellie's training, and not a trait from Jackson. Jackson pouted in response and Ellie laughed it off.

"Mommy," your daughter tucked your sleeve, pointed to the stage in the middle of the island, "I think the show is starting." You agreed and turned your body around to watch the show. Mark wrapped his arm around your shoulder and side-hugged you.

"Thanks for agreeing to his plan," he pointed at Jackson with his thumb. "Can't believe that man use us to get laid," he shook his head and you jabbed his ribs.

"Hey.. kids around," you scolded him and he whispered back.

"Don't worry, they won't hear us." It was true.. The music was so loud that you could barely hear him. And then the bang of fireworks was heard soon after. Your attention was back to the show. Fifteen minutes later, the kids were yawning their jaws off.

"Okay.. I think it's a wrap for today," Mark scooped Milli and was about to carry her when Jake tugged his arm back down. Mark squatted, putting Milli on his thigh, "What's up little guy?"

"Are we still seeing you guys tomorrow?" he asked.

"Yeah kid," Jackson came forward and patted Jake's head. "We're moving to a hotel downtown and then if you guys are up to it, we will go to Ocean Park to see some animals. I think they have panda there."

"I want to see panda," Milli chimed in even though her eyes were almost shut.

Jackson clapped his hands, "It's settled then..." He then rounded his children to bid goodbye. "Jane, Jake.. buddy.. Say goodnight to Milli and Uncle Mark and Auntie Mark, thank you for babysitting them."

"Yeah sure, no problem," you answered as Jake and Jane thanked you. Then everything seemed to happen in slow motion. Jake tugged Mark's arm again, and then he leaned forward and planted a kiss on Milli's cheek, "Goodnight Milli," he said innocently before pulling back and waving goodnight to everyone else.

All the adults were frozen, then Mark was the first to move. He deposited Milli on your arms while moving to catch Jackson. Jackson seemed to catch up quickly as he dashed away, while waving his hand in surrender. "Hyung.. Hyung.. Stop... I really don't know..."

"What? Your son did not just kiss my girl!" Mark ran to tackle Jackson and you eyed Ellie for a few seconds before both of you bursting in laughter.

"Let's get the kids out of here and let them settle that between themselves," Ellie steered Jane toward the exit and found Jake waiting near the restroom. She was still laughing, watching his husband being chased by your husband and you couldn't agree more. This family gathering would be more interesting...

a/n: thank you again for sending requests. even though i don't announce it out loud, but i do accept them. i hope you enjoy this one and hope it will make your day ☺️ ps: i had fun writing this one as well. 

(as i've said earlier, i move this story so everything about the kids will be here. please give it some love as well)