Greed Chapter 7: Cornered

Start from the beginning

"Th'Fuck?!"

"You'll have to do better than that, Garfiel." Subaru spoke confidently, knowing that for now the demi human boy can't do much for now.

"Don't taunt him, I suppose." Beatrice chimed in, knowing that this ability isn't infinite.

"I know, but he needs someone to keep his ego in check."

"*Sigh*, that's not the problem."

As Beatrice said this, the two watched as the demi human boy grabbed a tree and managed to rip it from the ground with ease.

He prepared to throw it towards their direction, prompting the little loli spirit to put down the barrier before creating a portal right behind them.

"Subaru."

"On it."

Subaru quickly carried the little loli spirit before jumping into the portal, just barely avoiding Garfiel's tree attack.

"Get yer ass back here, fuckin' coward!"

As Garfiel shouted this, he looked at his surroundings before spotting Subaru a couple of feet away from him.

"There ya fuckin' are, Natsuki Subaru!"

As Garfiel prepared to charge at him, he was suddenly smacked in the head with enough force to cause him to be slammed onto the ground.

Subaru was surprised by this, seeing that Emilia had managed to get to Garfiel to stop him from attacking her knight.

"Emilia-tan!"

"Otto! Please keep Subaru safe."

As she shouted this, she resumed her fight with Ram, protecting herself from the pink haired maid's attacks.

Before Subaru could even try to help her, Otto grabbed onto his arm to pull him towards the direction where the mansion was located.

"Come on, Natsuki-san, let's get out of here!"

"Wait but—"

"She'll be fine. Emilia-sama's strong."

Subaru was very uncertain about leaving Emilia to handle both Garfiel and Ram...however, he knows that Emilia has certainly become much stronger than before. All he could do is think:

'Don't try too hard, Emilia-tan.'

As he, Beatrice, and Otto started to make their way towards the mansion, Otto began to say:

"Seems like your counterpart has decided to attack first."

"I'm not surprised by that, I'm just shocked he didn't send Reinhard first."

"...what?"

Otto was stunned by these words.

"Y-Your saying th-that he has the sword saint by his side?!"

"...right, I forgot to mention that." Subaru said as he nervously chuckled.

"This is no time to be laughing!" The merchant shouted, not liking Subaru's way of acting in such a situation.

"Calm down, Otto. The reason Reinhard won't be sent is because I have a counter for him."

"A counter? Against the Sword Saint?" The Merchant was in disbelief at what his best friend was saying. "This is no time to joke around, Natsuki-san!"

"I ain't joking around, Otto. I know something that Reinhard doesn't know. Something that'll cause Rein to turn on this world's Natsuki Subaru."

"And what might that be, in fact?" Beatrice questioned as she was curious what her contractor knew.