Greed Chapter 7: Cornered

Start from the beginning

While Subaru was mad at Echidna for this, he was even more enraged with his counterpart seeing that he made such a selfish choice without taking the consideration of Beatrice's feelings into account.

"What's wrong, Natsuki-san?!" Otto speaks, causing Subaru to turn towards him, noticing everyone was worried for his sake.

He took a moment before looking towards the direction of the mansion, having a bad feeling as well as wanting to confront his counterpart now more than ever.

"The version of me from this world..."

"What about him?" Emilia asked, curious what her knight was going to say.

"...I'm going to punch him in the face."

As he said this, he continued walking forward with Beatrice by his side, determined to reach this world's Natsuki Subaru no matter what it took. Otto and Emilia looked at each other for a moment, both thinking on the same wavelength that something's wrong here.

"Let's keep a close eye on him from here on out, Emilia-sama."

Emilia nodded at this, agreeing that they should keep an eye on her knight.

As the two were following behind, the four of them walked through the forest for a couple of minutes before suddenly Subaru stopped on his tracks.

"What's wrong?" Beatrice asked, having a bad feeling about this. Subaru turned towards Beatrice for a moment before looking behind her, noticing something charging right at them.

'What is...?'

He paused before realizing that it's Garfiel and he was already looking steaming mad.

'Already?' Subaru questioned, seeing that his counterpart must be desperate to attack by having Garfiel go first.

Before anything else can be thought off, his survival instincts kick in by quickly shouting:

"Beako! E*M*M!"

Beatrice was surprised by this sudden shout but understood within a second that her contractor would only shout a move of theirs if something's about to happen.

She quickly creates a barrier that can't be interfered with by anything outside of it.

As Beatrice created this, Subaru turned towards Emilia and Otto's direction to see that Ram was about to attack the pair from behind.

"Emilia-tan! Otto! Behind you!"

The two heard this, prompting the pair to turn around and just barely notice Ram long enough to dodge her attack.

Emilia creates a quick barrier of ice to counter Ram's wind attack, protecting not only her but also Otto.

As Emilia was able to counter this, the ice barrier broke with Ram charging onto Otto, viewing him the weakest link.

Before being able to reach the merchant, the silver haired half elf managed to get in between the two to protect him.

As she was in Ram's way, the two clashed with Otto turning towards Subaru and Beatrice's direction, seeing that their ability was able to protect them from Garfiel's attack.

The demi human boy looked at Subaru with intense anger before slamming his foot to the ground.

As this happened, underneath Subaru and Beatrice's feet suddenly exploded which had the two covered in dirt.

"How do ya like th't?!" Garfiel shouted, enjoying his attack on Subaru.

Once the dust settled, the enjoyment in his face faded away and turned into absolute hatred as he saw that Subaru was not harmed by the attack.