Classmates and Lifemates

Start from the beginning

Takeda: Just for that... we are gonna go get you some new music cd's.

Y/N: Sweet.

Cassie: Hey, Y/N? You think we could talk after class?

Y/N: Actually I'm gonna have to go see Ozpin about something. Maybe another time?

Cassie: For sure.

Port: Take your seats!

I sit down next to Alex at the table my team was at. Team RWBY and Team JNPR run as soon as class starts. Team RWBY sit at the table under our section.

Port: Monsters! Deeeeeemons... prowlers of the night! Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names, but I merely prefer to them as pray! Ha ha!

This joke is met by silence.

Takeda: BOO! You suck!

Port: Hallway, Mr. Takeda!

Takeda: Damn it.

Takeda walks out of the classroom to wait in the hallway.

Port: Where was I? Uhhhh... and you shall too, upon graduating from this prestigious academy! Now, as I was saying: Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise treacherous world! Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more tgen to tear you apart! And that's where we come in. Huntsmen! Huntresses...

He winks at Yang making her groan uncomfortably.

Y/N: What the fuck was that?

Port: N-nothing.

Y/N: That's what I thought. Keep going.

Yang turned around and mouth 'thank you' to me. I mouthed 'no problem' back at her.

Port: Individuals who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves! From what, you ask? The very world!

???: Ayyyy-yep!

The entire class turned and looked at him with confused faces. He quickly sat back down.

Port: That is what you're training to become. But first: A story. A tale of a young, handsome man... me! When I was a boy.

I look to my left to see Ashley is asleep, Akari is paying attention and taking notes, and Alex is paying attention but looks annoyed at Port's teaching.

Port: Despite smelling of cabbages, my grandfather was a wise man. "Peter", he told me...

I look down and see Ruby is showing off a drawing to her team.

Port: Ah-hem!

He recaptures the girls and my attention.

Port: In the end, the Beowolf no match for my sheer tenacity, and I returned to my village with the beast in captivity and my head held high, celebrated as a hero. The moral of the story? A true Huntsman must be honorable! A true Huntsman must be dependable! A true Huntsman must be strategic, well educated and wise! Who among you believes themselves to be the embodiment of these traits?

Wiess: I do, sir.

I laugh a bit.

Weiss: What's funny?

Y/N: Nothing, Ice Queen.

Port: Well, then, let's find out! Step forward and face your opponent.

Weiss leaves to go get her combat gear on and comes back a few minutes later. She then goes to fight.

Yang: Go Weiss!

Blake: (waves a flag with RWBY on it) fight well!

Kung Jin: She is so going down.