Chapter 6

"This is... so awkward."

"Even if you slept with me before?"

I could feel Emily shudder at my words.

"Can you change your phrasing, o kind sir?"

"Hadn't we shared some skinship before, my lady?"

"That's even worse!"

From my right, I could feel her intense stare drilling deep into my skull.

"Besides, as children, we know nothing about personal space! You can't add that to 'skinship', you dummy!"

Her eyes then widened and out of nowhere, she pulled herself away, putting her back on the edge of the bed.

"Did... did you... touch me?"

She asked while visibly shaking.

"Yes. Your skin feels smooth-"

"Pervert!"

She yelled and turned her body around.

"Come on, did you really think I would do something like that?"

"Did... you not?"

"I did, but I just touched your arm. I was just trying to make sure that you're real, that's all."

"Which... part?"

I pointed toward her arm, the part near the elbow and below her pajamas. She used a similar pajama to the one she wore before, albeit with different colors. It had long pants coupled with a short sleeve shirt.

"With just my index finger."

I answered honestly. There was no telling how long we would be stuck for like this, so I would rather be honest now. She let out a sigh and turned back toward me.

"Do anything more and I'll smack you to oblivion."

"Fine, fine. You know I won't make a move on you."

"That's not... ah whatever."

She pouted and planted her face deep within her pillows, which unfortunately didn't exist in my eyes.

"Sigh... we really did have it rough. How long will it stay like this?"

I muttered up to the ceiling, hoping someone could hear our calls.

"I hope... I don't know."

"You don't know?"

"How long this would last for, I mean."

"Obviously."

I let out another sigh.

"You think a good night's sleep is all it took to end this little nightmare of ours?"

Emily looked my way. She didn't respond after a few seconds so I tilted my head toward her. She blinked, her cedar-brown eyes peeking from behind her eyelids. The pale moon shine shone itself through my balcony window, but it didn't seem to have an effect on her. She seemed to follow her rules when it came to lighting, thus she looked a bit darker compared to me. She probably had no light at all, maybe her windows were shut.

"It would be nice if this dream ended soon, wouldn't it?"

She muttered with a wry smile.

"Yeah. Anyway, I think I'm going to bed."

"You're already in bed."

"You're... right."

Emily let out a chuckle at my words. She then turned around and faced away from me.