35. the powerpuff girl

Start from the beginning

"What? Do you want to study witchcraft again?"

"Yes," she replied, continuing her breakfast as a woman with the audacity to change plans from one day to the next, matching the torment that occurred in her head without guidance. "I'm going to gain the rest of my powers. I need more to defend myself. Do you have a problem with that?"

"No, I just thought you'd opt for something more mundane first," he said, bringing up her mother's desires once again. How he would ask! "Aren't you going to help me with the photoshoot for People magazine?"

"Yes, I'll pose with you," she reluctantly agreed. It was the least she could do for the help he had offered. It was just one photoshoot, she could handle that. "It will be necessary for me to have more powers. You know there's an impending apocalypse."

"What do you mean by apocalypse?" he asked.

"A war," Lilith determined, taking a sip of her coffee without caring about the weight of her words. "Between heaven and hell. What importance does the mundane hold if it might cease to exist? Our concern should be choosing a side." Lilith probed the only answer she was interested in from Dorian in all of this. "Which side would you be on?"

"Neither," he responded firmly. He noticed her tense up and didn't take another bite since he brought up the topic. "Neither of them cares about humanity, in my opinion. I would be on the side of witches and hunters. My mother and the coven have a precautionary plan in case a war breaks out between them... Love," he glanced at her suspiciously, which made her laugh. "What are you planning? Is there something I should know?"

"Don't you trust me?" she retorted, placing her hand on his. "Didn't you want a peaceful future with me?" Lilith finished her breakfast and wiped her lips with a napkin. She leaned in, reaching Dorian's face, captivating him with her crystal-clear eyes showing red veins and dilated pupils. Their breaths mingled, and she let out a maniacal laugh against her boyfriend's lips. "I'm going to have everything I want, and you will love me. You won't do anything to harm me. Will you, Dorian? If you don't love me, I'll have to leave. Do you love me?"

Dorian swiftly took her by the waist and sat her on his lap, in the small space between his large body and the table. The lack of space brought them so close that the hairs on the back of his neck stood on end. Dorian cupped Lilith's face in his hands and pressed his forehead against hers.

"With all my heart," he confessed. "I want you with me forever. Don't ever leave me."

• • ⛧ • •

Lilith was listening to the playlist she had made while thinking of Dean Winchester, lying on her back in bed, thinking of him and his brother. Lilith was angry with Sam, hurt, he was the one she needed the most. Sam was her best friend, they had shared their pains and uncertainties since they were kids, building a space of trust, a safe place to turn to. In the past year, their friendship had shown signs of breaking, the trust had disappeared, or perhaps they were no longer right for each other, and once again, they only functioned in a certain way: without involving the supernatural. Dean wouldn't forgive her. Why did she miss Dean? If she saw him face to face, he would spit out all the wrong she had done, his eyes would proclaim disappointment. Sam wouldn't forgive what she had done, much less Dean. She lived in a fantasy, letting herself be poisoned. She had broken her friendship with the Winchesters. Maybe time would mend the rift.

"Good morning," suddenly the other Lilith appeared in the room. "Are you ready to anger the angels?"

Lilith Arduenn sat up, dragging her shoulders and letting out a groan. She took off her headphones and paid closer attention to the woman in front of her. She was once again wearing the long white dress, a single-layered satin gown, fitted at the top and flowing at the skirt. The V-shaped neckline highlighted a white gold necklace with a small red stone attached. The demon Lilith was beautiful. She had the body of a woman in her late forties. Thin, arched eyebrows framed her almond-shaped eyes, the same color as Lilith's. Lilith liked her hair, long with natural waves and white, a pearl blonde, like a piece of the sky. There was a resemblance between them, she could tell, the lineage was evident. Sweet but psychotic.