"Lilith, honey, let's calm down," Bobby said this time.

"Don't you get involved!" she snapped. Lilith held back her magic, though she would unleash it if needed. She was the most powerful person in the room; it belonged to her. None of those men were stronger. She was the strong one, the one with power. "You want to talk? Fine, I'll talk. And when I'm done, I'm going to rip out your heart and see if it gives me the power of resurrection. How does that sound, 'love'?"

"Lilith," he startled, causing him to step back. The center was hers, and she could easily attack with tactics. She had seen the Dorian she knew, the one who was afraid of women, the one who avoided her gaze. "Speak, I know what you're going to say."

"Is that so? You know what I'm going to say? You're a liar. You don't love me; you only like my disgusting pig body."

"That's not true," he interrupted, using the same firm voice he used in front of important people during business negotiations. He noticed Bobby standing nearby, as if he had chosen a side. "Let me explain."

"Oh no! Can you give up everything, damn EVERYTHING, for a night of sex, but when I ask you to come with me to the cemetery, it's a resounding NO?! You leave every day without having breakfast with me. I just want you to stay once, just once, Dorian! You talk about the future when it's the last thing I need. Are you stupid or do you only care about one thing from me?"

"I'm trying to lead you down the path your mother wanted! Lilith, for God's sake, listen to me," he said, his mention of her mother causing magic to surge, revealing the sharp edge of a sword ready to kill him. What did he know about what her mother wanted?

"Lilith," Bobby whispered, a small harmony in the midst of chaos; she refused to listen. "Lilith, let him speak," he pleaded.

She set aside her magic.

"I'm just trying to help you. I'm trying to do the same thing your mother wanted. She wanted you to be happy, and that's all I'm trying to do. It's not healthy for you to spend twenty-four hours in the cemetery, not eating a single bite and just using drugs. Going to the cemetery is becoming an addiction for you. I'm trying to reduce the number of days you go, nothing more. I don't want you to lock yourself in here. I'm doing everything I can to get rid of work and be with you. I suggested you come with me to the office, but you didn't want to. I want a future with you, Lilith. I told you that when I asked to be together, and you accepted. Am I lying? If you don't like what I suggested, you can do anything else. It was just an option to keep your mind occupied with something and forget about witches and demons. I just want to see you happy, my love, and have a peaceful future. Look... my actions and words may not have been right, and I'm sorry for that, but my intentions have always been good."

"Was it true? Was it a lie?" Lilith's mind was not in a condition to logically analyze what her affected eyes interpreted from Dorian. The only thing she understood was the subtext that insulted what she was doing. Among all the addictions she could develop, she didn't mind being addicted to going to the cemetery, making it a part of her daily routine. Lilith observed Bobby for a moment, seeking guidance from a paternal figure. Someone who would show her the way to go. What if Dorian was just a fool trying to do what was best for her? What if the drug was really confusing her? What if it was all a lie? Whom should she believe? What should she do? The future that Dorian planned for both of them didn't interest her; she wasn't interested in the future. It was the present that she needed to get rid of. The present wouldn't let her live.

Dorian approached calmly, one step after another, attentive to the witch's bodily responses. God... he had made himself fear her, scared of what she was capable of. If things were the other way around, Dorian would be vilified in the news, and if Lilith filed a complaint, she would be granted a restraining order. Oh my God! When had he lost the principles of equality that he always kept in check in his words and actions?! When had he become someone he was not? Lilith slumped her shoulders, leaning against her boyfriend's chest as he enveloped her in a tight embrace. She cried against his chest, releasing the emotions that this situation had caused her to suffer, the anxiety that consumed her breath in a panic attack. Dorian held her tighter and rested his chin on her hair.