My seasonal safespace

June&July.

Summer.

La playa.
(The beach)

The definition of safety, at least for me, that is.

I like all seasons, but summer is different.

Like for starters, you have no school so ur free for at least 2 months.

Besides the beach, my favorite thing about summer's is what I consider 'summer music'. Songs like starships, high hopes, eastside makes the summer even more enjoyable.

I used to go to the beach like 3 times every summer, mostly because my parents were worried something would happen, since our beach's population skyrockets in the summer.

I would beg them sometimes,
pero nooooo!
(But nooo)

I always understood why, though, but that doesn't change the fact I would get annoyed at them sometimes.

Everyone has a safe space that they can confide in, for me, it's more like a Safe time or safe season if u would.

It's been like two days since I've been avoiding my brothers.

I almost got caught once going down for lunch yesterday at like 2:00 pm, so we wouldn't collide paths.
I had to hide in a humongous pantry for like 10 minutes. That kitchen is so extra, I promise.

*overdramatic sigh*
Tomorrow we leave for Italy.

I am so going to ditch them, everyone, to go to the beach every week.

It's 9:33 pm.
A perfect time for hot chocolate. Don't ask me why I don't even know myself. Hopefully, they've finished dinner. I sneak out of my room and tip toe going down the stairs.

I successfully made it and had extra left, so I was about to put it in the fancy fridge when I heard someone speak.
Yay!
“Got anymore ?”
Oh, it's the nicest brother, believe it or not.
“Sure here Claudio.," I said as I passed him the surprisingly still hot beverage.
“Thank you” he says, actually smiling.

The first actual smile he's given me. I nod, acknowledging his thanks.

But I don't show the effect that he's caused for just being, nice? Well kinda.

I walked out the door, but once I knew I was out of his sight, I made a run for it to my room. Something I do on a daily basis now.

We just arrived at the airport.
Apparently, we're taking the private jet.
No one has spoken since we'd gotten in the car.
And frankly, I'd like it to stay that way.

But as luck would have it, Matthew spoke when I got situated in my plane seat.
The other's hadn't boarded yet, so it was just us for now.
I had settled on the farthest seat from where I predicted they would be seated. That and their laptops were already waiting on 3 nearby seats near the entrance. So, my 'prediction' is self-explanatory.

But anyway, Matthew starts by saying:
“I'm not usually like this, y'know.”

I immediately understood what he's referring to.
He then further elaborates and questions me,
“ This is so new to me.”
“To all of us, but that's no excuse because I'm very sure the others didn't act like that, did they?”

I shake my head, my face void of emotion.
He nods,
“I'm just scared, and I don't even know why”
he admits with a shaky laugh at the end.

“I don't hate you, but I'm uncertain if I like you either, to clarify.”

I get that, believe it or not. Sure I don't hate my brother's, but I'm not close to liking them yet to be honest. So, I settle with a simple but understanding,
“okay.”

Just then the others start to enter the jet and I quickly turn my head away from him.

And started putting my earphones in. I wouldn't mind earbuds or AirPods, though. I'm great full for what I have, but I would love to dance in my room or be able to move without wires. I started playing 'car's outside' by James Author and lean my head on my window. I close my eyes, not even bothering to look at the jet take-off into the clouds.
I start listening and feel myself drift off.  Goodbye, New York. For now hopefully.

“She looks so peaceful.”

“Should we wake her?”

“We have no reason to, Matt, I've carried her once, I can do it again. “

Is what I heard before I was pulled into a protective warmth. I felt myself being lifted, but I couldn't be bothered.
*** 3 hours later ***

I open my eyes to be met with absolute darkness.
It must nearly be midnight, and I'm most likely in Italy. Even inside wherever I am, I can hear soft waves. They're most likely near here, but not enough to interrupt my sleep. And so just as soon as I woke up, I went back to sleep.

***9 hours later***
“Well doesn't she look like a little ray of sunshine?" I heard. I frantically sit up in bed and open my eyes. Once my eyes adjust to the now bright room, I notice no one is there. Am I going crazy again? No the last time that happened gray was real. So I peer a little more into my surroundings. I notice the door handle rattle silently as if someone was just closing the door just now.