01- it never rains in southern california

8-2-87
San Diego , California
Josephines Point of View

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"We're gonna miss you guys." Roxanne, one of best friends sobbed as she continued to cry into both Me and Jackie's arms.
"Your being so dramatic we'll come back soon." Jackie Laughed as I smiled and agreed than let myself loose from Roxannes tight grasp over Me and Jackie and walked over to the rocky cliff overlooking the sea. I took a deep breath taking in the oceans breeze since this will be the last time in a while.

"Ill miss you JoJo." I heard an familiar voice say as I gazed over to see my best friend Eddie looking down at me before he took an seat next to me.

"Ill miss you too.. Ill miss everything. Ill miss surfing with you every weekend and going skateboarding after. Ill miss the sunny weather and just the overall vibe of it all."  I sighed looking down at the ocean taking in the sound of the waves as the sun peaked over at us getting ready to sink and rise somewhere around the world. I moved an piece of my hair behind my ear looking over at eddie who was trying his best to not cry. I took his hand and rested my head on his shoulder
"Im trying not to cry like Roxy but I can't help it anymore.. Ill really miss you.. your like an brother to me Ed." I cried as I gave him an tight hug before I heard the honks of my parents car.
"Guess its time for you to leave huh..?" Eddie sighed as he gave me an melancholic smile. I began to stand up gazing down at the brown haired boy.

"Next time we see each other i'll be interviewing you on mtv because you'll be an famous rocker and i'll be an famous interviewer. Remember im only leaving for college." I reassured as he stood up "Oh we're gonna see each other way before that. Trust me!" Eddie smiled as he stood up and gave me an more happier hug as I let loose from his grasp and started to walk towards the car because of my parents excessive honking.
I sat down in my parent's backseat where my other best friend, Jackie was also going to Seattle but for different reasons. The car started to reverse and drive away as Roxanne and Eddie waved at us both.

Goodbye California, Hello Seattle.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

9-27-87

"Josephine quit daydreaming! Theres people who need food for Christ's sake!"My boss, Lucille exclaimed giving me an firm pat on the back and going over to the kitchen to yell at the cooks about shit. "Im on my lunch break though." I reasoned as she shifted towards me raising her wrinkled wrist to look at her watch. "Your lunch break ended one minute ago." She smirked as if she was proving some point or some shit. "Alright then I'll head back to work then jeez." I sighed as I took my notepad out of my back pocket of my jeans and turned over to the mirror to adjust the green shirt that had "Lucilles Coffee and Lunch."  Plastered over my chest and slithered on my jacket.
"Time to finish this damn shift." I muttered to myself as I began to walk towards customers.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Later that Night...

"Im finally home.." I sighed in relief as Max came running up to me barking playfully.
"Hey Maxie I wonder when your mommy and my best friend is gonna come back from her boyfriends house." I said sarcastically in a babyish voice and before I could say another word I heard the door unlock.
"Josephine. Im taking you out tonight." Jackie exclaimed before she closed the door behind her.
"Hi Jackie and What?! I literally just got home from work can I rest?!" I exclaimed at her since she randomly barged in and now she wants to take me out she started to give me her famous 'puppy dog eyes' to try and convince me "Please Jo.." She pleaded as her eyes got even more doe-like
...
"Fine.. let me get in the shower." I mumbled feeling myself feel more and more guilty the more she gives me her stupid puppy eyes.

I went over to our shared bathroom and quickly stripped from my work clothes and hopped into the shower.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Im almost done!" I yelled out from my bedroom as I finished tying my converses and gazed over my outfit.

My hair is out in an natural curly look,I have on my favorite pair of mom jeans that are ripped and slightly baggy, An Led zeppelin shirt than went down past my jean pockets and lastly an flannel. Honestly I would've loved it more if it wasn't an last minute forced outfit.

"Im ready.." I mumbled as I left the room to see Jackie. "Hope I didn't keep you waiting your majesty." I sarcastically gushed as she smiled
"You didn't. If anything your really fast but that just makes it better because you get to meet Kim's band before the show!" Jackie Exclaimed as she took my hand and went over to the wall-mirror we next to the door and took an Polaroid picture of our outfits. She was wearing an pair of shorts and an crop top that showed off her cleavage and lingerie and some doc martins.

"Whats the picture for?" I asked as she placed the temporarily black Polaroid on the console table 
"Memories. When we get old and wrinkly were gonna look back at all these pictures I take and smile." She smiled as I gave one back.

"To the club we go!!" She exclaimed in an knightly tone as I laughed at her silliness.

I love this fucking idiot of an best friend.