8

"You really like flowers." It felt more like a statement than a question as Jungkook watches Taehyung take a stroll around the kitchen's center counter.

"Yeah," Jungkook smiles, noticing how Taehyung fixes one of the flowers that stood a little out the way

"My mom once said flowers are really underrated. Writers always write about flowers as the most romantic gift yet they're the least gifted things in real life. I ought to change that."

'So you gave me flowers to be romantic?'

"Your personality really contrasts with your appearance."

"What do you find more attractive then?"

Jungkook asked boldly, rummaging through a cabinet in search of an ingredient which was already on the counter but there was no way he was going to face Taehyung after asking that.

"Both." That's when the pack of flour is slammed beside him, and he stands back up with sound of realisation. "I think it's an amazing combination."

"Weird of you to think like that." Jungkook pursues his lips, unable to hide the smile he feels when he hears Taehyung chuckle in a knowing manner, as if he was aware how weird or not the thing was actually.

Time passes, and the two create a mess in the kitchen in the name of 'baking a cake'. And not until every ingredient that was meant to remain INSIDE the bowl stood scattered on the counter with an extra disaster on the kitchen floor, the two strong willed men did not give up.

"Baking is really difficult." Taehyung spoke, and Jungkook hummed in agreement. "I mean why are we even making something which we can easily get fully baked from literally any bakery."

"Agreed. Agreed." Jungkook nods.

"So," Taehyung turns to face Jungkook. "How are you deciding to bribe Yugyeom."

"You know me so well

"You know me so well."

"It was a test

"It was a test." Taehyung tsked in disappointment, "you failed." but that doesn't stop him from smiling when he hears Jungkook laugh some more.

"I'll pick the chunks."

"I'll mop."

Settling with who does what, the two get on their way. While Jungkook picks the bits of crumbs with the help of tissues, Taehyung mops the stains from the counter and the floor.

"Hmm, hey Taehyung." That's when Jungkook spoke, turning to look at his crush. "Have you seen my phone-"

However their eyes widen when they bump into each other. Before Taehyung could fall back, Jungkook is quick to drop the tissue box and hold Taehyung's arm, yanking him forward.

"Oh." Jungkook spoke, the two going silent as the packet of flour now stood empty on Taehyung's hand who stares at Jungkook with wide eyes. "This-"

"Oh shit." Taehyung laughs. Not the laughs that Jungkook had heard so far. It was the stomach clutching laugh, the one that brought tears to the corner of his eyes. "I-I'm so sorry."

While Taehyung still giggles out time and again, Jungkook suits himself into washing off the flour stains from his hair and face in the bathroom' sink.

"Okay, stop now." Jungkook, though not offended, appears to be as he walks out wiping his hair with a towel. "That's enough."

"Okay okay." Taehyung nods, taking a deep breathe. But when Jungkook sits beside him, he takes a glimpse at him and frowns. "You can't even wipe yourself?"

With hooded eyes and a towel that was no longer in his hands, Jungkook peeked at taehyung who wiped his hair for him. He notices as his tongue peeked out from his lips, eyebrows furrowed as he rubbed his hair dry.

"There."

"Thanks..." Jungkook spoke, still in a daze which ends with him not thinking twice before he stood up abruptly, until only a breath of space was left between them, and the two go wide eyed again.

"Uh, I-" Jungkook fumbled badly, ready to step back until Taehyung clutched on his shirt and pulled him forward.

"I'm back from- and I'm going back again."