Chapter 1: The Morning After

I stretched my arms out wide, yawning loudly as if I was the only person in bed. I froze as my brain finally caught up and reminded me what I had been doing before I passed out at 4 in the morning.

I was balls deep in Selene.

Fuck. I had a one-night stand last night. I never do those things—well, there was a time when I was young. But I've never done it for a long, long time now. And last night was different from those drunken mistakes of a young, dumb kid.

It was hands down the best sex of my life.

I opened my eyes and slowly looked for her body beside me. But there was nothing but the scattered pillows and the comforter on the bed with me. If not for the empty foil packets on the floor, I would have thought that last night was just a fucked up wet dream.

But it happened. She fucking happened to me.

I don't know why this shocked me and left me staring at the ceiling for a solid five minutes. She repeatedly told me this was just a one-time thing. A one-night-stand.

A rebound.

Her sneaking out of my hotel room without leaving a note might be for the best. If just spending a night with her had already shook my core, nothing good would come out of waking up next to her.

This is for the best.

Gingerly, I sat up and decided to get a fucking grip. I relied on my daily morning routine and went about my morning on autopilot. I took a shower to try to erase what happened last night, even though I knew the scratches on my back won't heal for at least a few days.

Who am I kidding? I can still hear her gasps and whimpers, the little sound she makes when she is about to come. I can still feel her lips on my skin, her soft and pliant body against mine, and her walls flutterring and spasming around me. I can still feel her... I can still fucking taste her.

Groaning, I succumbed to the temptation and relived what happened last night with my hand under the shower.

***

I just finished getting dressed after my shower when my phone started ringing. I picked it up as soon as I read who was ringing me this early.

"Hey, J. What's up?" I aswered my best friend's call after the third ring.

"Where are you?" she asked in a way only Jamie can ask this early, aggresively.

"I'm in my room," I answered, rolling my eyes at my best friend, and my brother's wife. "Why? I thought the wedding festivities ended last night."

"Yeah, tapos na kagabi," she shotback without missing a beat. "Pero hindi ka man lang ba magpapakita sa amin after?"

A decade later and she still hasn't changed. She's still as dramatic as ever. But that's what we loved most about her, so I can't complain much. Her dramatic ass is not just entertaining to behold, but it also indicates her fierce loyalty to us, her people.

"That's not what I'm saying," I said, trying to explain to her. She's always extra grumpy in the mornings, I don't know how my brother does it. "I'm just asking if I missed something important."

"Fine." I can almost see the huge eye-roll she's doing right now.

"Why are you calling me this early, anyway?" I asked, noting the chaos around her on the other line.

"We're at the hotel's restaurant, eating breakfast. Why don't you come down and eat with us?"

I was planning to order room service for breakfast this morning, but I guess that's out of the picture since Jamie called and asked for an audience.