Prologue

Prologue

I wasn't supposed to leave the wedding reception early, but this kind of no-strings-attached proposition from someone like this woman only comes once in a lifetime.

Waking up in Manila this morning, it didn't occur to me that I might get laid today just hours after watching my brother marry the love of his life... and seeing her after almost a decade of being out of the country.

Yet, here we are... in a dark hotel room with this beautiful, taunting goddess, tempting me to fuck her brains out tonight.

I stand behind her, my hands skimming her shoulders, her arms, and then back to her shoulders again. Slowly, I slid the thin straps of her cream silk dress over her shoulders and watched it slowly fall and caress her body.

"You want to fuck me, Selene? Is that what you want?" I whispered in her ear.

Selene leaned back against me, reached back to pull me towards her lips. "I wouldn't be here if I didn't want to."

I moved away before our lips touched. I had to make sure she's okay with our setup for the last time. I don't want her to feel like she couldn't back out if she changed her mind. "If you want me to stop—"

"I don't want you to," she said as she turned around.

As a last ditch effort, I had to remind her of our arrangement in the elevator. "I'm not going to call you in the morning."

I watch her lips form slowly into a smile. "I know. I only asked for one night with you, Lake."

Yes, she might be the one who asked for this to be a one-time thing only, but I was still the one who initiated this.

She reached for the front clasp of her bra before her hand stilled. "Wait. Are you having second thoughts?" Selene asked, cocking her head to the side and eyeing me playfully.

"I'm leaving in a week, sweetheart," he admitted to her, finally speaking of a truth he hasn't told his family yet.

She arched her brow. "And here I thought you'll be asking for a date," she said with a teasing grin.

I shook my head. "I'm not that guy anymore."

Just like her, I'm only good for one night.

"Good." She smiled and then she unclasped her bra, finally letting it drop to the floor.

God, she's so fucking mesmerizing.

She reached out with both hands and grabbed me by the lapels of my tuxedo. Standing on the tip of her toes, Selene's lips touch my ear as she whispers to me, her warm breath fanning the side of my neck seductively.

"Fuck me, Lake."