Chapter 2: Lipstick Stain

"Why don't you sit with us?" Jamie asked Selene with a huge grin on her face. It was almost like Jamie forgot about me standing there.

Dude. What the fuck?

Selene smiled at Jamie, so different from the smile she gave me last night. It was so... sweet. "Oh, I couldn't impose. Tsaka kasama ko rin 'yung kapatid ko, she just took her food."

But I know seeing the determined look on Jamie's face that she's not going to take 'no' for an answer. I watched Jamie pick up the baby from the stroller when she noticed him waking up.

"Hi, baby. Sama kayo ni mommy mo samin?"

Before anyone could object, aka me or Selene, Jamie's kids screamed in excitement. "Yay! Forest is coming with us?"

Jamie hugged the baby closer to her. Clearly, not letting him go. "Sumama ka na sa amin, I insist. Pwede mo naman isama kapatid mo. Hindi ka naman na naiiba sa amin, Sel."

"Uncle Lake, I want my chocolates," Anakin said as he pulled my shirt. I looked down at him and gave him a distracted smile.

"Okay, sure," I heard Selene's melodic voice say.

My head whipped up fast and I could only watch in horror as Selene relented at Jamie's request. They flagged a waiter to help them transfer to our table, while I was stuck assisting my nephews at the breakfast table.

When we get back on our table, Jamie and River both stand up to get more food. Selene and I were left with the kids, as well as the woman she was with at their table. She was seated next to my chair. If I didn't know any better, I would've thought that Jamie orchestrated this.

Does she know about last night?

"Cute kid," I told her as I sat down.

She looked at me and smiled. "Thank you."

She's wearing a red sundress that flares out at the hips, which also showcases her long legs. I looked at her feet which were wearing heels, and even her feet looked pretty. My eyes went back to her face and was instantly drawn to her red lips.

Damn, she's so fucking stunning. It's so hard for me not to fucking look at her. Sitting beside her makes me feel like an awkward teenager again, fidgeting and sweating bullets beside the hottest girl who happened to fucking kiss him earlier.

"Aren't you feeling awkward?"

"No. It was just one night and we had fun," she answered casually. "Also, you're leaving. So what does it matter?"

Her response took me back a little. But before I could respond, my niece clapped her hands from her seat. "Thanks for the mango shake, Dada!" Amidala said to her dad, who was walking back towards our table.

"You haven't told them, have you?" I asked Selene, before taking a bite of my breakfast burrito.

"It's none of their business," she answered casually, then she handed her son to her sister before standing up and walking towards the Italian food station.

I had to wait for Jamie to come back before I could follow Selene. I don't know why, but I just can't let this go. I found her waiting at the cheese wheel station, waiting for her order.

"You knew me," I said to her once I reached her side.

She looked at me sideways. "And?"

Damn. Why is she so nonchalant? "It didn't deter you that I am your boss's br—cousin?"

I saw the side of her lips twitch as if she was holding off on laughing. "You're hot. And you're leaving. That's good enough for me—last night."

Ouch. I get it, but at the same time, I just can't let this go. "We have to talk about this without them listening."