Story Time

I had just got back from a supply run with Rick and Michone. Declan ran up to me as I get out of the car. I picked him up and hugged him tightly.
"Hey bud!" I smile.

"Hi." He giggled, "Carl says he has some news for you."

"Is that so?" He nodded, "Well let's go find him then shall we." I laugh as he jumps down.

"Follow me!" He orders and takes off running, I smile as I run after him.
After running through the prison we end up by the library. Carl is standing there against the wall.

"Carl what are you -" he cuts me off by putting his hand over my mouth.

"Be quiet and follow me." Carl ordered.

"Can I come?" Declan whispered. Carl nodded and started leading us down the hall. The three of us sneak down the hall and to where some extra cells were. Carl put his head on my shoulder to stop me from moving. He slowly peeked his head around the corner. After he pulled his head back he nodded, gesturing for me to look. I carefully look around the corner and smile. In one of the cells sat Beth and Trent. They were talking a laughing AND holding hands. Declan peeked at the sight just as the two teens kissed.

"Eww!" He squealed and ran away Beth and Trent look up to see me and Carl both standing there shocked because we were caught. We both exchange glances and take of running, them chasing after us.
Me and Carl have been running forever until finally we sit in the field behind the prison. Beth and Trent had given up awhile ago so we just sat there.

"Hey (Y/N)," Carl started.

"Yeah?" I wonder.

"You never answered my question about your life before this." Carl pointed out. I sighed and looked down at the ground.

"What do you want to know?" I asked.

"Everything leading up to here." Carl smiled. I nodded and clear my throat.

"Well my mom was really sweet. I had a little brother and my cousin lived with us, my dad worked a lot but it was fun when he was around. Me and my cousin, her name was Layla (sorry if that's your name, just change it), we used to have paint wars with Lane, that was my brother. My mom never bought us paint again. Oh and this one time my dad came home from work and was all excited and so we went out to dinner then we all got ice cream and stuff it was really fun. That was a week before all this. It was normal. After it started, the apocalypse, my dad was still at work. I haven't seen him since. Layla's best friend came to our house right away. God she was an idiot. The girl saw her boyfriend. He was a walker. She ran outside in tears, Layla ran after her, they both got bit. My mom had to kill two people she was really close to. After she had to kill them, we had to get out of the house. We started just hopping from house to house looking for supplies, occasionally camping out in the house. It was just the three of us. Then one day we were searching a house and Lane was trying to prove he wasn't just a little kid. He ran into a room without a weapon or one of us and the walker bit him. After my mom wasn't emotionally stable so I had to
k-kill him. My mom had lost her niece, her nieces best friend who practically was always at our house, she lost her husband and now she lost her son. She h-hung herself. I had to kill her too. I was traveling alone until my feet guided me to Trent's house. I had known him since kindergarten. He had just witnessed his grandmother die. We traveled together until we ran into Declan and his mom Callie. Callie was the glue to our group. She would protect us no matter what. But the walkers got to her before I could and i had to kill her. T-the last thing she said before she passed out was to protect Declan. I made a promise and I intend to keep it. I'll always make sure he's okay, physically and emotionally. He's making progress with his shyness, I'm so proud of him. He shouldn't have to be shy but he doesn't want to get hurt. He's a lot smarter than a normal five year old and he shouldn't have to be. If anything happened to him, or Trent, or y-you, I don't know what I would do with myself. " I finished with tears streaming down my face, my (h/c) hair stuck flat to the sides of my face. Carl wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his lap.

"As long as I can help it, nothing bad will happen to Declan, Trent, Me, or you." He promised.

"You shouldn't make promises you can't keep." I mumbled bitterly as I lean my head against his chest.

"Why you do it, and who said anything about me not being able to keep my promise?" He said and rested his chin on my head. I sniffle a laugh and nod.

"Ok. Thank you Carl. It really helps to talk about it." I thank. I felt him smile.

*Carl's POV*
"Of course (Y/n), what are best friends for." I say. I don't like saying friend because it seems like our relationship should be so much more.

"I love you Carl." She blurts out quickly. My eyes widen in surprise.

"I-I love you too." I stutter as my smile beams with happiness.

The Governor should be coming soon. Lots of drama there.