And So it Begins

*reader's pov*
After some time of driving along abandoned roads, the car slowly came to a stop. I sighed as I realized we were out of gas. Trent unbuckled his seat belt and I gently shook Declan awake. He yawned and sat up.

"We stay towards the tree line. We keep walking until we find shelter or a place to set up camp." I instructed. Trent silently agreed and Declan clips one end of the leash to his pants, and the other to mine. I handed him a dagger, that he put in his pocket. I made sure I had ammo and we got out of the car. After killing a few walkers we walked along the trees.

After hours of wondering, Trent stops me and Declan. He puts a finger over his mouth, gesturing for us to be quiet and pointed onto the road. We were hidden but could still see it. We heard muffled talking as living people paced around on the street. Suddenly we here the click of a gun and a pressure on my head, the barrel of a gun.

"Stand up." A feminine voice demands. We all three stand up slowly with our hands raised, "Now walk toward the group." We carefully walk to the small amount of people.

"Who are they Maggie?" An Asian asked the girl, Maggie.

"They were watching us over there." She said jerking her head towards the trees.

"They're just kids." A dark skinned woman says. I immediately like her. She had an honorable look in her eye. A man that looked around the age of forty walked forward, he had a pretty cool beard too.

"Just you guys?" He asked me in general.
I nod

"We had another member but..." I look down at Declan, "she isn't with us at the moment." I said and looked back up at the man hoping he would understand. He nodded with sympathy which was rare in this day in age.

"I'm Rick, and you guys are?"

"I'm (Y/N), this is Declan and Trent." I introduce.

"How many walkers have you killed?" He asked randomly. I look at him with an obvious look on my face.

"Do you count how many walkers you've killed, cuz I dont." I answer.

"How many people have you killed?" He probes.

"Three." I answer honestly.

"Why?" He questions.

"So they wouldn't turn." I explained. He nodded.

"One last question, wanna come back to our camp?" He offered. I thought for a minute. It would be safer for Declan, and we would be more protected, and we're running out of supplies anyway.

"Yes." I say as I scoop Declan up into my arms, "Lead the way."

"Oh we have cars." The honorable woman says. I nodded and walked to the cars with them. They had two cars. Three of them went in the one, and Rick, Trent, Declan and I went in the other.

"You two dont talk much." Rick noticed, referring to Trent and Declan. Trent turned his attention towards the man.

"In our life it's hard to talk to people if you don't know weither or not to trust them." Trent explains. Rick nods in understanding. Declan just stares at the man and scoots closer to me.

"Declan is a little shy when it comes to other people, even Trent to a certain extent. " I explain. Hey that rhymed ,I'm doctor Suess.

"Are you his sister?" Rick wondered.

"Not biologically but I might as well be." I shrug.

"You know...for a kid your age, your pretty smart. My son Carl's your age." He tells me.

"Thanks, are they're any other kids?" I ask.

"My daughter Judith, Micah, and Lizzie, Micah's only a little older than Declan." Rick tells me, how he can tell how old we are I don't know.