six.

The Gates of Moria

{Word Count: 1338}

{Word Count: 1338}

The fellowship makes their way in the shadow of the ruins of a great aqueduct, in the mist and ice of the mountains. The Feurs stood further away as they spoke of her dreams, they couldn't risk anyone else finding out. " you don't know what it means?" Callon asked worriedly, he was always the sweet one.

" No." she said defeated as a tear rolled down her face, she couldn't help her family. Callon quickly wiped it as Tari began to rant. " I won't be able to find out the meaning, you will all die, I'll be all alone and I won't ever forgive myself." Aegnor cut her off by grabbing her shoulders, and giving her a stern look.

" no such thing will happen, we will help you." Aegnor declared but she stayed silent, she couldn't say nothing she was too worried of her family's safety. " Tari answer me, do you understand?" She looked up at him, she nodded as he pulled her into a hug. " you will never be alone sister."

Pippin came up to them with a smile. " we are moving again." He said as his eyes widen when Aegnor looks at him, and runs away.

Footing is treacherous on the narrow strips of green and greasy stones the Fellowship make their way to the Walls of Moria.Gimli taps the wall with his axe, listening, while Gandalf does the same with his staff. " Dwarf doors are invisible when closed." Gimli explained pride laced in his voice.

"Yes, Gimli, their own masters cannot find them if their secrets are forgotten."

" Why doesn't that surprise me?" Legolas said annoyed causing Tari to snort in laughter, Legolas sent her a smirk that caught her off guard. It must of him too cause he quickly replaced it with a scowl.

Gimli sniffs with disgust at the comment. Gandaf approaches the smooth rock wall between two
twisted, gnarled trees slowly, faint lines appear like
slender veins of luminous silver running through the stone.

" Isildin, it mirrors only starlight and moonlight." Just as Gandalf stated that the moon began to rise over the mountain. The lines on the wall grow broader and clearer, forming a glowing arch of interlacing ancient letters and symbols.

" It reads, "The door of Durin, Lord of Moria. Speak, friend, and enter."" Callon explained to the hobbits after Pippin asked him what it said. " What do you suppose that means?" Merry asked looking up at the Fuer who was about to say Mellon, but Gandalf interrupted him.

"It's simple. If you are a friend, you speak the password and the doors will open." The Feurs look at each other with a smirk, Tari would've told him but she nodded some entertainment. Gandalf raises his arms and began to chant, "Annon Edhellen, edro hi ammen!" (Gate of the Elves, open now for me!)

The cliff towers into the night, the wind blows cold, Frodo shivers and the door stands fast. Undaunted, Gandlaf raises his arms again and began another chant. " Fennas Nogothrim, lasto beth lammen." (Doorway of the Dwarf-folk, listen to the word of my tongue.)

" Nothings happening." Pippin stated, Tari sent him an amused look and chuckled under her breath. He was most certainly her favorite Hobbit. Gandalf glances at them, annoyed. He begins to push on the doors, but they remain fast.

" I once knew every spell in all the tongues of Elves, Men, and Orcs." The Grey Wizard informed everyone.

"What are you going to do, then?" Pippin asked innocently, but Gandalf stepped towards him angrily. " Knock your head against these doors, Peregrin Took! And if that does not shatter them, and I am allowed a little peace from foolish questions, I will
try to find the opening words."

" no need to get hateful old man, he was just asking a simple question." Tari snapped back but only received a glare in return, though Pippin sent her a smile in thanks. Gandalf then began chanting yet again causing Tari to sigh and plop herself down on a rock watching the lake in front of her.

Merry and Pippin stand beside the she-elf and begin tossing stones into the lake. Black rippling rings slowly fan out. Pippin is about to throw another
stone, but Aragorn grabs his arm. Tari looks at the man who looks anxious. " do not disturb the water." She watches as him and Boromir share a look both grabbing the hilt of their swords.

A rumbling sound is heard behind them making them turn, the rock face silently divides in the middle and Two great doors swing outwards revealing a blackness deeper than night. As the Fellowship enter the blackness something in the water stirs, but no one saw.

The Fuers follow behind the fellowship as they step warily into the darkness of Moria. A dark cavern,with each winding step leads them deeper into the mountain.

"Soon, Master Elves, you will enjoy the fabled hospitality of the Dwarves; roaring fires, malt beer, red meat off the bone! This, my friend, is the home of my cousin Balin ... And they call this a mine." Gimli snorts before continuing. " A mine!"

A glow from Gandalf's staff suddenly lights the chamber. The Fellowship recoil in horror, Tari jumps back clutching Aegnor's bicep. Many Dwarf Skeletons are strewn about, clearly in the dead of some old battle the rusting armor and shields are peppered with arrows and axes. Tari looked to Gimli who's smile was now a frown and repeated "no" in horror.

" This is no mine. It's a tomb!" Boromir yells as Legolas pulls a arrow from one of the corpses, " Goblins." He said before placing a arrow in his bow, Tari doing the same as the rest draw their swords. The Fellowship back up towards the entrance.

A splash made Tari turn just in time to see Frodo getting pulled into the water. Frodo cries out as Aragorn, Tari and Boromir rush forward! Aragorn
severs the tentacle holding Frodo, and pulls him to safety. Boromir hacks at the other writhing limbs, 20 more tentacles ripple out of the lake! Tari shoots a arrows but it seemed like every tentacle she took down three more came out of the water.

The dark water boils as the hideous beast lashes out at the Fellowship. Again the creature try's to grab Frodo but Tari jumped in front of him so it grabbed her instead pulling her into the lake. She is flung in the air as the Fellowship battle the creature. Tari tried to escape its grip but it was no use each time she tried to remove the tentacle it tightened around her legs.

Legolas shot an arrow into the tentacle allowing Tari to wiggle free and falling into his arms. " thank you." She says staring into his eyes, he does the same.

"Into the mines!" Gandalf shouts causing Legolas to put Tari down, she followed her brothers as he shot an arrow into the beasts head. " Legolas." She yells, he turns running into the cavern. The creature was still alive, many coiling arms seize the large doors. With a shattering echo, the creature rips the doors away, creating a rock slide that crashes down the cliff face. Within seconds, tons of rocks seal the doorway throwing the Fellowship into pitch blackness.

" well that was fun, let's go again." Tari jokes and even in the darkness she felt all the glares. A faint light rises from Gandalf's staff, throwing a
creepy glow across the old wizard's face.

" Now we have but one choice, we must face the long dark of Moria. Be on your guard, there are older and fouler things than the Orcs in the deep places of the world." The Feurs share a look before looking ahead following behind the wizard.

{Authors note}

• uhm so I know this is very rushed but I haven't edited it yet Bc I needed to get this up. But anyways I hope you enjoy and have a great day or night!!!